• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CRM - auto additions

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I getting customers being added without me actually adding them? There has been 3500 of them in the last few months and they all have single names and strange email address's.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably spam entries sally

There was a brief period where forums were letting spam through (even if you didn't have a forum installed).

You might also try captcha on your webforms.

Once you can stop the spam from comming into the database, then put together a spreadsheet of email addresses and I'll show you how to delete people from the DB

Brett - www.prettypollution.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brett, we do have captcha on the webform, would there be any other settings we need to look at? I have deleted them already, very painstakingly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes spam gets through captcha

I'd run a CONTACTS report and include the CREATE DATE to see what new CRM entries are comming through to determine if these are OLD spam entries or NEW.

If they're old then great. You just need to bulk delete them from the CRM.

If they're NEW. And if it's still a problem then you'll need to work out why.

The best way to do this is to click into the latest CRM IDs that are spam. And have a look if there are any cases in the CRM ID. IF there are it will tell you what's the offending webform and you can implement a different captcha to stop it.

If there are no cases, no orders, no bookings, no history, etc it's possible they were imported at some stage.

Basically you need to work out where it's coming from so you can stop it and clean up the DB.

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Again Brett, will try your suggestions and get back to this post later and let you know how we got on! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines