• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to Windows 7 - projects previously created will not open.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Technical Suite 2.0 several years ago and it's worked super on my Windows XP PC.  I've installed the suite on my new PC with Windows 7, but when I try to open a help project using RoboHelp 8 I get the following error message:

"This project is from a vewer version of the program. This project is no longer compatible with this version.  Please make sure you have the newest version installed."

My department cannot purchase a newer version of Adobe Technical Suite this year, so I have to continue using RoboHelp 8.  Please advise as to what I need to do in order to edit my current Help Projects using RoboHelp 8 on my new PC with Windows 7.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what is happening here is that you were working with a "patched" version before. So its version number is actually later than what your newly installed version has.

Bottom line is that I'd tell your IT staff they need to be certain to apply the service releases to your existing RoboHelp version.

You can start by clicking Help > Updates. Or you can visit the page linked below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally forgot about the 2 patches (8.0.1 and 8.0.2).

Thanks! I’m up and running (except for my Version Control – but that is another issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp