• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patternstream and Framemaker Publishing Server 12

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the best way to make sure an FDK (Patternstream in our case) fires up with every job on Framemaker Server 12, and how do you pass parameters (e.g., the name of the pset file to work with?)   We can delve into C++ etc. if we have to, but I'm hoping this can be handled with Framescript or Extendscript.   Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameScript has the ability to run an "Initial Script" whenever you start FrameMaker. Patternstream has some integration with FrameScript so you may be able to pass parameters to Patternstream once FrameMaker starts using a script. I don't know much about Patternstream so I can't give you the details, but I think you are on the right track. --Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done a project where my ExtendScript was initiated from a FrameScript. In the other direction, there are several API Clients I use that can be called from ExtendScript, using the CallClient method. As for parameters, if all else fails you can set environment variables in one application and read them from the other side. AFAIK, environment variables are not permanent: when FM exits, the environment variables disappear. But as long as your session runs, they remain available. If no other parameter interchange with the API Cient is available, that method should always work.

Good luck

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines