• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player (13.0.0.82) non-debug image doesn't give security popup for secure access.

Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RHEL platform in which tomcat is listening on 443 port.

Scope of Problem:

With the latest flash plugin, i am experiencing issue with Firefox on SSL port on Windows platform.

i.e.

Everythig works fine on non-SSL mode on Firefox, Chrome, IE on Windows 7.

Everythig works fine on SSL mode on Chrome, IE on Windows 7

Observations:

In the Flash debug image(13.0.0.82), Firefox started showing us a popup indicating untrusted certificate  "This page requires a secure connection which includes server authentication. The Certificate Issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown. Do you wish to proceed ? "

If we click "yes", then the complete functionality works fine.

Any clues/pointers, why the above popup is not coming in non-debug Flash image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I am facing this issue with flash player 17.0.0.169

I am using a self signed certificate for RTMPS connection. When I use the flash debugger, the security pop-up to continue and install the certificate appears. But, when I am using a non-debug version, it doesn't give me a security pop-up.

Firefox version is 37.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player takes the philosophy that we don't ask end-users questions that they're not qualified to answer.  The debugger will give you the prompt because it's intended for development environments.  In the release player, we're just going to fail unless the certificate is valid.

For a production environment, you'll need to use a "real" SSL certificate, issued by a trusted CA.  If you're on an Intranet environment, Verisign sells dirt-cheap intranet-only SSL certificates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines