• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

button timings

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two buttons on a screen - "skip" and "continue." I would like the "skip" button to time out and the "continue" button to appear. Both have click boxes on them so the slide does not automatically advance. I tried setting this interaction using the timeline, but no luck. Perhaps I need to create an advanced action for this to happen?

If I play the slide with the timings set so that the "skip" button disappears and the "continue" button appears, all works fine. When I preview it, however, the "continue" button does not appear. The slide has a game widget on it.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Hi there

Can you please share a screen capture of the timeline?

Without seeing anything, my guess is that the click box is interfering with things. It's unclear why you would feel the need for a click box to be over a button. What purpose do you feel that is serving?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please share a screen capture of the timeline?

Without seeing anything, my guess is that the click box is interfering with things. It's unclear why you would feel the need for a click box to be over a button. What purpose do you feel that is serving?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering so quickly.

I need the click box over the continue button because it's associated accumulating points. They must play the game, or at least part of the game, to get the points - received when the click button over the continue button is clicked. I'd like the skip button to time out after 10 seconds and then have the continue button appear (with its overlaid clickbox). The continue button does not appear when the slided is previewed. When I just play the slide the skip button disappears and the continue button appears but the widget does not show. :-{  It's a bit maddening! Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you realize that when you have two interactive objects in the same location, only one of them will be functional? Why don't you attach the score to the button instead of the click box? Button will not be functional in your case. As Rick points out a screenshot of the timeline could explain better, but it would also be great if you explained more in details the reason of your strange setup.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I found the problem, and indeed it was the click boxes. I missed the frame where points can be added to buttons. All fixed now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources