• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 quiz - random question pool

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivat 5 quiz with 17 questions in a Question Pool to be Randomized, if I wan the quiz to display 10 out of the 17 questions randomly, how can I do this?  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Hi,

You can add 20 question to your question pool and then go to "Quiz> Question Slide> Select "Random Question" and type "10" in the text box. Select your Question pool and it will insert 10 random questions from the question pool you have created.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome,

You have to insert 10 Random Question slides (CTRL-Q).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this scenario

10 questions from 17 - is it possible the same question could be randomly chosen more than once?

Or is there a condition that is or could be applied so questions appear only once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for your response, it is greatly appreciated.

If there are 20 questions in a quiz and I would like Captivate to randomly select 10 questions out of 20 questions to ask each person taking the quiz, how can I accomplish this?

I understand that if I put the questions in a question pool it will randomize those questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can add 20 question to your question pool and then go to "Quiz> Question Slide> Select "Random Question" and type "10" in the text box. Select your Question pool and it will insert 10 random questions from the question pool you have created.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this is exacly what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You this worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayank_M,

Adding to this question can you have both random pools and standard questions at the same time. eg. 39 questions, 10 questions are from random pools and the remainder 39 are from set standard questions? Is there a max amount of questions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can have both randomised questions from pools as well as quiz slides that are NOT randomised in the same quiz.

The maximum number of questions depends to some extent on whether or not you are using an LMS and whether you need to consider the limitations that might apply if using SCORM 1.2 with Resume Data bookmarking.  But you'd need to test thoroughly with your own LMS to determine the maximum number of questions in that scenario.  It could vary dramatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RodWard,

In addition to this I don't have Flash and are trying to add/edit buttons by using the template in Captivate is there any possible way of doing this without Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate won't allow you to edit Flash buttons.  If you're talking about Flash buttons created using pure ActionScript 3 code then there are a number of code editors on the market that will allow you to edit AS3 without Flash.  However, if your Flash buttons were created using Flash's own graphic user interface then you really do need to have Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources