• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help with my Flash Player dilemma!

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new HP laptop only about two weeks ago.  It has Windows 8.1 (which I can't stand, by the way, but that's neither here nor there).  I bought it for my work only, but as the sound doesn't work on my other laptop unless I use earphones, I have to use my new laptop if I want to watch videos and listen without earphones.  It was working fine until just a few days ago. Now, all of the sudden, any videos that I play I have sound but no video.  The screen is green.  I have searched Adobe for ways to fix this, and I have followed every suggestion with no success.  The ActiveX is not checked, so that's not the problem.  There is no place to uncheck the hardware accelerator on the settings.  I deleted the Adobe folders as instructed.  I was unable to follow the tips for opening the settings and fixing things there because the options shown on Adobe's screen are not available on my settings.  I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do.  Can anyone help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green screen is caused by either out of date, or corrupted, video drivers. Yes, they can be up to date, and be corrupted.

See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765  for instructions to update (reapir) them from the manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike M, THANK YOU SO MUCH!  It worked!  I was pulling out my hair over this problem, especially since it's a new computer.  Now I'll just pull out my hair until I get to know how to use Explorer 8.1.  lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue.  Found that in 8.1 you cannot make changes to adobe flash player by right click on video.  However you can open the same video in IE and right click on video and make changes and they will apply to 8.1 as well.  This was caused by a resent download from MS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines