• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I solve the error: " A problem occurred while extracting the archive" for Elements 9?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install Elements 9 to my computer from the direct download links.  They will successfully dowload, but I get the error messsge "A problem occurred while extracting the archive .Please try dowload Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 again" when I click on the exe file.  I have disabled my anti-virus and tried different browsers.  The files are completely downloaded when I try to run them, and I already have Adobe download assistant on my computer.  I had successfully downloaded it once before on this computer, but had to restore it to factory settings and lost the program.  What other steps can I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what files (name and extension) have you downloaded and what are their file sizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PhotoshopElements_9_LS15.exe is 1.16mb

The PhotoshopElements_9_LS15.7z is 1.75gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i show a different file size for the exe, 1.17 MB (1,228,384 bytes)

i didn't download the 7z.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kayemaych,

Please make sure that the two files (.exe & .7z) files are inside the same folder & then try extracting again.

if its still giving you issues then you may have to re download the .7z file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines