• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR 4 &13 crash or closes without bugs or reason

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When testing my app in Flash IDE, randomly and without reaspon (no bug), the player closes :

[UnloadSWF] myclip.swf

Test Movie terminated.

My clip is pretty intensive since it uses Starling and Nape. Used to work ok on small levels, but on bigger levels (more memory used) it just randomly happens.

Any idea ?

update : the crash happens when I'm not moving my player anymore (no more key press). As long as I key press I'm good, once I release the key, BOOM.

update2 : Publish engine is Air 4/13 for Android

update3 : happens also when moving player (key down) but more often on idle

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like you overload cpu 🙂 Do you know about Adobe Scout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing on a i7@ 3ghz, i don't think it's a CPU issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash & Air runtime use virtual machine and if it don't respond - Runtime will terminate itself. This can be initiated without CPU hogs so you can't see any warnings or CPU slowdown. I saw this time to time.

First of all - you need find minium source code that can generate this issue and sent it to bug base. But if you want - you can send it to me firstly. Any NDA will be reserved.
http://gamespoweredby.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mymail.jpg

And I can investigate it. And if there some runtime error - I will publish to Adobe team into bugbase.
Firstly let me know:

1) Flash ide version

2) As I understand - it's Windows? Not MacOS..

3) Do you saw Adobe Scout report? May be there some memory leaks or GPU overload...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, it appears my install had issues since adb had issues too. Reinstalling fixed it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines