• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash quit working in IE8

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running XP SP3. Firefox and IE8. Flash player was working fine in both  browsers but then it stopped working in IE8. Works fine in FF. I tried  uninstalling/installing Flash again but when I go to the Flash install  page in IE8, I get a blank screen with no choices. Looking at this page  in FF shows everything needed to download Flash. However, IE8 shows that  Flash is enabled in the Manage Add-Ons area. When I try to verify Flash is installed in IE8, nothing happens when I click the "Check Now" button in IE8; but that same button works fine in FF.

I use Yahoo Messenger a lot but I can no longer see my conversatons since it is Flash driven. For some reason, Messenger relies on IE's settings for it to work I guess.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use those links to do a clean install:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

I haven't heard how much longer XP is going to be supported for Flash, but given past history, it's about ten months beyond  the "sunset" date at most, and April 8 was that date, so XP has till maybe the end of the year and there will be no more Flash Player for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've already tried all that before I posted my issue.   I get NO warning messages on IE8. It says I have the current Flash installed but nothing Flash related works on IE8.  However, it works fine on FF.  I normally wouldn't bother with IE8 but somehow Yahoo Messenger is connected to it and it won't work unless I can get Flash working in IE8 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. But I've already uninstalled and reinstalled IE.  Nothing has worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reinstalling Yahoo messenger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And now it's worse than before because Messenger has the Facebook crap on the interface and I can't delete it now because it is Flash based. And Flash isn't working in Messenger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://www.trillian.im/

Uses your Yahoo Messenger ID, and ISN'T Flash based.

I've used Trillian instead of MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, and AIM. It's better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines