• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Upload problems with Web App Forms

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having issues with web app form file uploads.

We have an exisiting site that suddenly last week or so is having time out issues uploading files (Thumbnail and Downloadable file (e.g. 35mb PDF) via an Add item form.  Uploads via FTP (Transmit) are working no problems. Uploads via the Admin File Manager app are also very very slow.

This form was working perfectly well previously. No NOT.

Have the recent updates broken this functionality or is there something else going on? Any body with ideas?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

David, you make it sound as if I am a BC staff member - I am not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I not seen any issues on this David and your the first on the forums.

Sorry to ask the silly questions but is the space on your site full? If your having lots of people submit 30mb plus files it would add up, you got enough space?

If thats all ok and you feel it was all working maybe worth doing a ticket to the BC support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I've checked space and we're ok. We're running around 20 HB but I've bought capacity for 26 gb unless the stats being reported are incorrect.

Have a support ticket in but BC are suggesting it's a browser cache issue. Which I find doubtful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have now checked in other browsers and it makes zero difference.

1 So a 35mb PDF file uploaded via the front end web interface (web app edit form) to the image folder, in Chrome takes 10 times as long (and typically times out) as via SFTP to the site's image folder.

2  There is a significant performance gap between HTTP upload vs SFTP.

3. This is a relatively new problem (last two weeksish) - something has changed in the BC system, servers, infrastructure or possiblly DNS/ Load balancers? Pings fail (possible because BC reject pings) and Traceroutes are failing often.

Any ideas? Have the BC backend/platform changes had an impact here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be something with the amazon servers and the BC setup under them, we hav ehad reports on this and created tickets as well.. Another college has been dealing with and is away so I am not sure where he got on that.

But just get through the first level support, you could even put them in a link to here so they know we are Pretty have had similar calls from clients and partners we do work for alike recently as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but that is a totally unsatisfactory work around. Essentially your saying that Business Catalyst (now on AWS) does not support file upload reliably. That a major and significant problem that needs to be URGENTLY addressed.

We've had to build a JS based work around ( at significant cost) using dropbox or s3 storage that works for upload adding items in front end forms but the client can NOT edit the file location or use other image features such as resizing as the files are not in BC storage.

This NEEDs to be resolved ASAP. Please advise when it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, you make it sound as if I am a BC staff member - I am not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam

Sorry was in Rant mode - yeah I though you were BC support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the drawback to helping on forums. The more you help, the more tomatoes are thrown at you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines