• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what have I to do not to have playpanel installed?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specifically, is "playpanel"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike: Playpanel is an Adobe application that Adobe is installing automatically when it updates Flash Player.  In my opinion this is an abuse of the authority users grant the auto-updater and shows a dishonesty that is prompting me to advise clients to look for alternative products where ever possible.

Gargensul (and anyone else looking for the same answer): You have to disable the Flash autoupdater.  On Windows this is done by going to control panel, opening Flash Player and going to the advanced tab.  You'll then see options to have the updater notify you or (my preference) disabled completely.  If you choose to have Adobe notify you note that the manual Flash updater also includes a *preselected* checkbox to install other products.  Treat this updater with the caution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines