Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background image disappears in printed documentation

Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a custom title page with a background picture covering the entire page.

Since the image should only show on the title page, I used “Format > Topic Borders and Shading” to add it. The image should cover the entire title page in MS Word and therefore has the same size.

(If this is important: I am not using a master page for the title page and the header/footer settings are set to “none” when generating the print output.)

When I generate the printed documentation, the background image does not show. When I preview the title page in the Section Layout right before generating the printed documentation, the title page still looks perfect.

What am I doing wrong?

I’d appreciate any advice.

Mr. Fox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the Title page is really a separate document, why not insert the watermark in the way you would for a whole document. I don't think it will get added to the other pages.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Peter.

Do you mean that I should add the image to the CSS file which I am using for the whole document? After reading the following information I thought it is not possible because it will affect the entire document: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/e-learning/9781932733525/background-images/graphics_7_xhtml

Is there another way I am not aware of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Title Page is a Word document, correct? If so I am saying that what happens is Rh prints that before its output and I am hoping the watermark only comes through to that part of the document.

Take a look at Printed Documentation on my site to see how to add a Word document at the start of your printed output.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to create the Title Page in RoboHelp as a new topic and add the background image via “Format > Topic Borders and Shading”. This did not work out. The background image (whatever size) just did not show in the printed documentation.

Your suggestion to add a seperate Word document as the Title Page in the Print Document Section Layout page worked out fine.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp