• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex FMS with multi bit rate streams (live video)

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am developing app in flex 4.6 (web app) and using latest flash player (I guess 13.n.n) with FMS interactive server 4.5. I want to publish multi bit rate streams from one app, one client. Is that possible without using FMLE. For example I want to publish three streams (with same camera) with following bit rate (150, 500, 1000). Any help will be appreciated. Second question: Is that possible to use rtmfp protocol with FMS interactive server 4.5 (not peer to peer).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, FMLE supports publishing 3 streams at the same time. FMS interactive server also supports RTMFP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know FMLE does support three streams but is this possible with flex 4 application not FMLE. If yes then how?

I tried it but it's just not working. I have FMS 4.5 interactive server license version. And I want to publish and play a stream. So, can one figure out how to do that and help me.

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot do this with a flex application. Because, MBR streams need to be encoded in a specific way so that stream switching can be smooth during playback. FMLE does that special handling but Flex application will not give you a low level control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to try using FFMPEG to encode at various bit rates. It can take your original stream and encode it at different bit rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines