• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac 10.6.8 not supported by Illustrator CC free Download?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MAC OS 10.6.8 and I am trying to download the new illustrator cc free trial but when I try, it says I do not have a supporting OS???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

I figured it out! Woohooo!!

I'm not exactly sure why the trial download doesn't work for mac 10.6.8 - because when you scroll down the page and look at the tech requirments version 10.6.8 is included.  Has anyone contacted Adobe about this? Maybe its just an error on the page? And Illustrator CC really is supported? I mean my friend has 10.6.8 and runs CC no problem.

Anyway...

To get a trial or the paid/subscription version to work on a mac 10.6.8:

1) Go here: (the InDesign Trial Download Page)

https://creative.adobe.com/products/indesign?promoid=KHTUY

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! Woohooo!!

I'm not exactly sure why the trial download doesn't work for mac 10.6.8 - because when you scroll down the page and look at the tech requirments version 10.6.8 is included.  Has anyone contacted Adobe about this? Maybe its just an error on the page? And Illustrator CC really is supported? I mean my friend has 10.6.8 and runs CC no problem.

Anyway...

To get a trial or the paid/subscription version to work on a mac 10.6.8:

1) Go here: (the InDesign Trial Download Page)

https://creative.adobe.com/products/indesign?promoid=KHTUY

And click : Download Trial

2) You will start to download the Creative Cloud App Manager. (which is a pretty nice new feature!)

It is basically a list of every Adobe program - Photoshop, Fireworks, and.... Illustrator!!

3) Once your Creative Cloud App Manager is downloaded and installed you will see this list - you will also notice to the right of every program (or "app") name is one of the following: "Install" "Try" or "% Downloaded"

You will see that In Design has automatically started downloading. I think you can click the "X" to stop the download at this point. I didn't - I let it download because I wanted to try it - especially if I couldn't get Illustrator to work. But I don't think you need it... You can always download it later if you want to.

4) Find Illustrator on the list and click "Try"!

Wait for it to download and install, sign in and launch your trial!! (or subscription!!)

To Jacob - I tried your method first but no luck on my comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, ZenZen.

That way is much easier than the other one (would have been).

Both Larry and I have contacted Adobe about the issue.

But since it is (now finally proved to be) possible to get into CC with 10.6.8, it may be better as it is than having a needless limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, 

I was able to use ZenZen's work around and install AI CC trial software. THANKS, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I'm so happy it worked for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Tried your way of doing it, but wouldn't work. Any thoughts out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bugger me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

first time actually getting results following recommended steps online, `Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the link you gave as I too have a 10.6.8 but it would not install - saying that it no longer supports this system. Anyone know how to move past this please??? Thank you for all your info to date but now the link does not appear to take us to a page that enables download for this operating system  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have 10.6.8. I worked for a company that paid for Creative cloud and my computer supported CS6 just fine. when I try to get the free download of cc(now wanting to get my own subscription) it says my operating system is not up to date yet just up until 3 months ago I was using creative cloud just fine. I would just like to get CS6 which I know my computer supports but I can't get past part one of subscribing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines