Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increase Flash Player Video cache

May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When playing flash videos the video will stop and then load more, multiple times. I want to increase the initial size of the cache before it starts downloading so I can watch a video to completion without it stopping. Even after the video finishes when I move the progress bar back to an all ready played section it will reload that section and then freeze at points and load more.
I've set my browser temp files usage size to 1gig and the local and global storage of the flash player to 10mb and it didn't help. I cleaned out the temp files without any help. The machine with the problem is running xp with ie 7 and a dsl connection. Is there a connection type detect that is reporting a speed that is faster than it really is or is there a place I can increase the cache size?
Oh and I did uninstall the player and install the newest version.
-Philip Hutson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally this isn't something you can control from the Flash Player end. It's a function of the way the developer creates the video (the compression they use, if they're using Flash Media Server streaming, buffer size, etc..)

But that doesn't rule out some type of system issue effecting the download.

Is this videos from many different sites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe so many people out there are having this issue and there is no solution from the user end. I have searched the entire internet and cannot believe there is nothing we can do. This is happening to me on many different web sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have the same problem for a very very .... long time.
Whenever I try to watch a video on youtube or google video or sites like these, the video plays only for two seconds and then picture freezes. On the other I always notice that the video loads normally and completely 100%. I can even move to another part of the video and then it just plays again for two seconds and freezes again. I tried playing with the global and site memory setting that flash player use to store content but I didn't manage to get over this problem (even gave unlimited memory storage). The important thing is that it happens on major sites that use flash technology for video, like youtube, google video, netcafe.

I appreciate your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each of you should open Flash Player support cases via http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer. Mention my name and if the agent tries to close the case let me know..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Text
This start and stop thing on UTube is driving me nuts. I would like so much to watch/listen but I just get frustrated and dont bother. I have asked and asked many computer geeks and they all say it wont work. Cant believe as others mentioned, that this has not been 'fixed'. There are other great videos out there that load just fine and are great. Unfortunately most are UTube and they suck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines