Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Invalid Data ID Error

Mar 15, 2007 8:15 AM

Hello~

I am recieving the following error on the action page of an online form. I've never seen it before, and really don't know where to start!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2007 9:51 AM   in reply to semi star gazer
    It looks like the data type of the value for the primary key field of the database table that you attempting to insert into with cfinsert does not match what the database expects, or some such problem. I NEVER use cfinsert or cfupdate because they are notorious for mysterious errors and they tend to mask problems that would normally be easier to figure out if you were using "normal" INSERT or UPDATE queries in cfquery tags, etc., etc. I would use an explicit INSERT statement, but that's just me.

Phil

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2007 2:20 PM   in reply to semi star gazer
    The value of #Trim(form.ID)# is not numeric, in fact it is literally ID (Look at the listing of your query output and it shows VALUES ( ID, 'KC', 'VanHout', .....) You will notice that the first VALUE is ID, not an actual numeric ID value (I am assuming that your ID column is numeric).

At least now we know why your CFINSERT failed because you are setting a bogus value for form.id.

Phil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points