Mar 06, 2007 Mar 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch for the DST is not working.

The server version is:
CMFX 6.1 version: 6,1,0,83762

Installed the full SDK located at:
C:\Program Files\java\j2re1.4.2_11

Changed the VM configuration in the jvm.config file located at C:\CFusionMX\runtime\bin to:

java.home=C:/Program Files/java/j2re1.4.2_11

Tried to restart Coldfusion Services and it would not restart!

Does anyone have any suggestions or did I miss anything?

Thanks,

Ron

Here is my server info:
Server Details
Server Product
ColdFusion MX

Version

Edition
Standard

Serial Number
CPD600-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Operating System
Windows 2003

OS Version

JVM Details
Java Version

Java Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Vendor URL
http://java.sun.com/

Java Home
C:\CFusionMX\runtime\jre

File Separator
\

Path Separator
;

Line Separator
Chr(13)

User Name
SYSTEM

User Home
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User

User Dir
C:\CFusionMX\runtime\bin

Java VM Specification Version

Java VM Specification Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java VM Specification Name
Java Virtual Machine Specification

Java VM Version
1.4.2-b28

Java VM Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java VM Name
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM

Java Specification Version

Java Specification Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Specification Name
Java Platform API Specification

Java Class Version

Java Class Path
C:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\lib; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfusion.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\bcel.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cf4was.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cf4was_ae.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfmx-ssl.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfmx_bootstrap.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfusion.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfx.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\collections.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\crimson.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\flashgateway.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\httpclient.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\izmado.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jakarta-oro-2.0.6.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\java2wsdl.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jaxp-api.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jdom.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jintegra.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\ldap.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\ldapbp.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\log4j.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\macromedia_drivers.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\mail.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\msapps.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\NetComponents.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbclient42RE.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbembedded42RE.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbserver42RE.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbtools42RE.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\tools.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\tt-bytecode.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\webcharts.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\webchartsJava2D.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\webservices.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\wsdl2java.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\xalan.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\instutil.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\java2wsdl.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun-ant-tasks.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun-xdoclet.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jspc.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\migrate.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\oem-xdoclet.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\sniffer.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\webservices.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\wsconfig.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\wsdl2java.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\xmlscript.jar; c:\cfdev\spellchecker\CFX_JSpellCheck.jar; c:\ActivEdit4\activedit\inc\spellchecker\ActivSpell2.jar; C:\CFusionMX\cfx\java; C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.0\enu\sqljdbc.jar; C:\CFusionMX\runtime\lib\jrun.jar

Java Ext Dirs
C:\CFusionMX\runtime\jre\lib\ext

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007
OK, I figured out the problem -

You have to make sure that you have the right download from Java. If you look at my jvm.config you will notice that the file name
is j2re1.4.2_11. It should be j2sdk1.4.2_11

So here a step by step install for CFMX 6.1 with updater 1

1) Make a backup of your jvm.config file located at: C:\CFusionMX\runtime\bin
If you have any problems, just change the path back to the original java.home=C:/CFusionMX/runtime/jre

2) Download the J2SDK 1.4.2_11 at: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_11/index.html...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2007 Mar 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronsweb wrote:
> The patch for the DST is not working.

see this first (especially steve's comments):

http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm/2006/4/7/CFAdmin-problems-when-editing-JVM-settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this patch and fix and I am getting the same problem. My cold fusion will not restart When I look in sys information I get Java 1.4.2-b28. Can anyone help me with this ????

Thanks
danix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try restoring the path to your prior JDK (restore from a backup jvm.config if you have one).
(I.E. java.home=C:/CFusionMX/runtime/jre)
Confirm that ColdFusion MX restarts and you are back to square one.
Next, install the JDK in a path without spaces (I.E. C:\j2sdk1.4.2_11 instead of c:\program files\j2sdk1.4.2_11)
Now, edit the jvm.config with the new path java.home=C:/j2sdk1.4.2_11
Save the file, restart ColdFusion and it should start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you were right on point
danix:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks LL@work for replying.

I moved the j2re1.4.2_11 to C:\j2re1.4.2_11 and configured the jvm.config to C:/2re1.4.2_11. I also tried moving the
complete install C:\java\j2re1.4.2_11 and configured the jvm.config to C:/java/2re1.4.2_11. I tried to restart coldfusion in
both instances and Coldfusion would not restart. I had to go back to the original jvm.config java.home=C:/CFusionMX/runtime/jre

Here is the jvm.config that I tried to install:

# VM configuration
#
# Where to find JVM, if {java.home}/jre exists then that JVM is used
# if not then it must be the path to the JRE itself
java.home=C:/j2re1.4.2_11
#
# If no java.home is specified a VM is located by looking in these places in this
# order:
#
# 1) bin directory for java.dll (windows) or lib/<ARCH>/libjava.so (unix)
# 2) ../jre
# 3) registry (windows only)
# 4) JAVA_HOME env var plus jre (ie $JAVA_HOME/jre)
#

# Arguments to VM
java.args=-server -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_PREFETCH_ENUMS -Xmx512m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Xbootclasspath/a:

#
# commas will be converted to platform specific separator and the result will be passed
# as -Djava.ext.dirs= to the VM
java.ext.dirs={jre.home}/lib/ext

#
# where to find shared libraries
java.library.path={application.home}/../lib,{application.home}/../jintegra/bin,{application.home}/../jintegra/bin/international,{application.home}/../lib/_nti40/bin
system.path.first=false

# JVM classpath
java.class.path={application.home}/servers/lib,{application.home}/../lib/cfusion.jar,{application.home}/../lib,{application.home}/../runtime/lib/jrun.jar,{application.home}/../runtime/lib,c:\\cfdev\\spellchecker\\CFX_JSpellCheck.jar,c:\\ActivEdit4\\activedit\\inc\\spellchecker\\ActivSpell2.jar,C:/CFusionMX/cfx/java,C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\\sqljdbc_1.0\\enu\\sqljdbc.jar,

Thanks for the help,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK, I figured out the problem -

You have to make sure that you have the right download from Java. If you look at my jvm.config you will notice that the file name
is j2re1.4.2_11. It should be j2sdk1.4.2_11

So here a step by step install for CFMX 6.1 with updater 1

1) Make a backup of your jvm.config file located at: C:\CFusionMX\runtime\bin
If you have any problems, just change the path back to the original java.home=C:/CFusionMX/runtime/jre

2) Download the J2SDK 1.4.2_11 at: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_11/index.html
** Make sure that you DO NOT install the J2RE 1.4.2_11. This is what gave me the problem***

Install the full J2SDK 1.4.2_11 - Here is the download:
https://sdlc6a.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=3BC516FBC3CC49D84B7C1F83E775207E

3) I would use LL@works suggestion about not installing with any directory with spaces. I installed
it at the default java installation location C:\j2sdk1.4.2_11

4) Manually reconfigure the jvm.config file to point to the new installation
java.home=C:/j2sdk1.4.2_11

5) Restart the coldfusion application service in services.

6) Then you have to check out this hotfix:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb400232

You now should be in business.
Thanks LL@work for all the help!

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation