Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RE: captivate flash video output may not be proper

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash video cannot be loaded. the output may not be proper

What does this mean? I am inserting .flv files so why do I get this message when I try to publish captivate projects? What can I do about it?
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2007 May 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. No problem adding, or even playing the video for a while, but at some point something gets "corrupted" and I get the "may not be proper" error. For me, the workaround has been to delete and then re-add the videos to the project. I've only got two to worry about, but I shouldn't have to do this at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump again.  Agree, that is not a solution.  Five years and counting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we get around this? I want to preview my work and I can't. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I stumbled across a solution to this in a moment of desperation. If you put the video file back into Adobe media encoder and convert it to an FLV (even if the file is already an FLV), then it seems to sort itself out.

When you insert a video file, like an mp4, captivate automatically configures it as an FLV so my assumption is that the "not proper" error happens because of something (bad magic, maybe) during this process. Since discovering this I always encode videos as FLVs in Adobe Media encoder before inserting them into the captivate file. Not had a problem like this since (touch wood).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources