• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How I finally got Flash9 working and can use youtube

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2007 Feb 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2 weeks of extreme frustration trying absolutely everything and tearing out what little hair I had left I finally managed to get flash 9 working. What you need to do is run the downloadable adobe flash uninstaller and then go to the website below and download the IE "standalone" flash 9 installer. All will be ok after that, and you can finally view videos in youtube.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

link is to http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

note, this is not a standalone flash player, it is the standalone activex installer for IE (flash9b.ocx) so you can finally watch flash through your web-browser

Make sure your have closed as many programs as possible before installing.

It works! watch flash and youtube in IE7 again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally
I have been looking for this for some time now.

Thank you very much :-)

Regards
Liselotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2007 Mar 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! My Flash Player stopped working when I upgraded to IE7 and after getting a response from Abobe Support that didn't work and reopening my support case and waiting more than 6 weeks and still no response from them - my kids were going mad as their favorite web sites no longer worked. Your fix worked perfectly. I had tried everything and was totally going nuts. Your are truly the best!!! Thanks so much for sharing the fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I to was having the same problem with Flash Player in VISTA. Your solution worked! I also uninstalled Shockwave player and installed the "Stand Alone Version." I installed both players using Full Administrator rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you and my husband thanks you. While I could watch youtube, he couldn't. You have brought peace to our house. (Windows XP, I.E.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for IE only. I use Netscape 7.2. Is there a site for this, please? Ta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be of help to people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johndiablo: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been attempting to fix the same problem for over a month. I tried your suggestion and it worked instantly. I wonder what caused the problem to begin with? I appreciate you sharing your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non IE users could give this link ago. It worked for my firefox browser.

standalone installer for non IE broswers

note that the IE7 flash standalone on this site didnt work for me and I had to use the site I mentioned at the start of this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome answer to this problem; worked immediately! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the KING!!! Why can't Adobe put this on their own stupid website? I installed/uninstalled/screwed with registry a dozen times to no avail. I specifically tried to find a version of Flash that I could download a file and install separately and couldn't find it on their website. This worked in 30 seconds. Awesome. Adobe should fire their bum support people and send their salary to you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks johndiablo, you have solved my problems! Until this fix, I was only able to get flash to work on one out of my three profiles on XP home. Now it works on all three. I tried all the other stuff, messing with the registry, un and re installing many times with no luck. I wonder what caused all this trouble for us in the first place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the link johndiablo. i wanna watch some american idol videos and i've been downloading Flash player like crazy and nothing seem to work. i don't nkow if its the fact that i'm in a different country but it doesn't work with videos i wanna watch. Is there anything you could suggest dear greatness ..lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great found wot i been looking ages for great brilliant fantastic wot more can i say its taken me ages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to johndiablo for the IE answer to this problem. I eventually found Flash 7 on this site for Netscape (as per my other thread), but didn't realise it was called Macromedia Flash... rather than Adobe Flash... which was the problem as it turned out, but once I ran the uninstaller and then installed Flash 7 and it all worked in the end.

I then tried the IE Flash 9 standalone installer program, as mentioned by johndiablo, and it works for IE so I can view Flash 9 files there and Flash 7 in Netscape so I have the best of both worlds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2007 Mar 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i did that, but it doesn't work on all videos. I can watch the display video on my youtube profile, but when i click to watch other videos, it still doesn't work, what did i do wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2007 Mar 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks johndiablo.
Just tried your solution and it worked perfectly! I saved the uninstall to the desktop then saved the install from softwarepatch.com also to the desktop. Closed all programs,uninstalled flash 9 then re-installed it. Then went to this page to test it
http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2007 Mar 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou thankyou thankyou,the hassle i've had but solved at last,thought it was a quicktime issue because i kept getting a Q with a question mark in it,there's a few folk on the quicktime forums with the same problem.Now my son can finally go to tamagotchi town!.Once again thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2007 Mar 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this several times with no success.
Still cannot view Flash anywhere including Adobe's website.

Interestingly, if I turn off UAC, everything works fine which implies a problem with permissions.

Any clues would be nice. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help with this really bad problem however, the fix has not worked for me I am pulling the rest of my hair out now as I type this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the stand alone just like you said but I still get the message that I do not have the adobe flash installed on my computer. What is going on????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2007 Mar 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try closing all programs , unstall flash player using adobe's uninstaller. run regedit and delete flashplayer key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MACROMEDIA

Uninstall your current java, then restart. goto java.com and download latest java - 1-5-011 was mine. ( http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp) Then close and reopen IE. check in tools/internet options/advanced that a tick is in under the sun java heading - Use JRE for 1-5-011 applet, and under microsoft VM - enable JIT compiler is ticked.

IE, under tools/internet options/programs manage addons and go through all the different menus in the show scroll window and ensure all java 1-5-011 activex plugins and enabled.

goto my link and download the standalone flash installer and run it.

if this doesnt work, could try running crapcleaner after unstalling flash and java then try doing the rest of the procedures.. If that doesnt work, who knows 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2007 Mar 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello johndiablo,

Any idea or possible solution to workaround this below would be highly appreciated. I am currently going mad with this issue. God help us all with windows !!!

Below is description of my machine:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name VIVAN1
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Compaq nc6320
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1828 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1828 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68YDU Ver. F.0B, 12/15/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2765 (xpsp.050928-1517)"
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 115.53 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.39 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Name SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio
Manufacturer Analog Devices
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1981&SUBSYS_103C30AA&REV_1002\4&2A4C52EC&0&0001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\adihdaud.sys (5.10.01.4321 built by: WinDDK, 172.00 KB (176,128 bytes), 2/28/2006 14:36)

Name USB Audio Device
Manufacturer (Generic USB Audio)
Status OK
PNP Device ID USB\VID_062A&PID_9004&MI_00\6&1D2D687&0&0000
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys (5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), 57.88 KB (59,264 bytes), 1/9/2007 18:45)

Name Bluetooth Audio
Manufacturer WIDCOMM
Status OK
PNP Device ID {95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}\BTAUDIO\1&30EE4AD&0&1000000030000
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\btaudio.sys (4.0.1.3300, 392.25 KB (401,664 bytes), 1/18/2006 19:09)

Name Bluetooth High Quality Audio
Manufacturer WIDCOMM
Status OK
PNP Device ID {95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}\BTWAUDIO\1&30EE4AD&0&1000000030001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\btaudio.sys (4.0.1.3300, 392.25 KB (401,664 bytes), 1/18/2006 19:09)

Also, I have WMP, Real Player and Quick Time installed and Flash Player 9 as well. So I got an idea where to look in my machine for the problem and I discovered these facts:

1. My speakers are working fine
2. My mic's are working fine
3. My sound card and driver works fine SoundMAX HD Audio
4. All my players work fine except audio when playing FP9
5. My windows sound recorder does not work at all
6. I cannot play MIDI files by default Microsoft Synth and I have to use Quick Time to play it.
7. I cannot play my default ( and other themes ) system sounds
8. Also, I can see Microsoft GS wavetable SW Synth when setting Audio Properties but after apply it disappears again.
9. My all drivers are updated and machine as well.

So, I did realize that problem is in default Microsoft Windows MIDI Synth but after spending hours on the forums and use nets I couldn't find any solution to work around this problem except to reinstall my windows. I also can confirm that this problem have nothing to do with different codec installed like AC3, ffdshow etc.

Furthermore, there is no any help on HP Support site for this kind of problem.

SO, IF I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FIND WORKAROUND SOLUTION I WILL BE FORCED TO REINSTALL MY WINDOWS AND HAVE AT LEAST 8 HOURS OF "FUN" TO SET UP ALL THE STUFF I HAVE NOW ON MY COMPUTER !!! SOMETIMES I REALLY DO HATE WINDOWS AND THINKING TO SWITCH FOR A LINUX !!!

& & &

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it says that the Javascript must be enabled. How do I check on that? Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2007 Mar 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried over and over again to do what Johndiablo has said to no avail When I go to Youtube.com it says that I have javascript turned off or an older version of Macromedia flash player which I just downloaded the flash 9.....any more suggestions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines