I struggled with clustering for a few days. The servers
weren't failing over. For some reason it didn't seem to be properly
adding the servers to the cluster. Is there a setting that I missed
so that the servers are not only "added" to the cluster in a
nominative way, but are also added in a "functional" way.
I had basically given up on Friday, came in on Monday without
having changed anything and it worked.
This is the second time this has happened to me. The time
before I went to lunch came back and it worked.
So I guess I'm writing this for two reasons.
1. Give up occasionally, take a break
from clustering. Get a sandwich. Go for a walk. Annoy your
2. What is the setting that I may
have missed that caused the delay?
Did you bounce both servers? Also you might check your subnet
and verify in security.properties in c:\jrun4\lib\ that they are
both the same if they aren't (which mine weren't at one time) then
you need to update the security.properties to identify the trusted
hosts or the subnet restriction. when my subnet and the
security.properties file was out of sync I would see weird
clustering issues with my servers.
I did, and now something even weirder is happening!
Now it is clustering, but when I try to go to a page it
bounces back and forth like crazy.
The page tries to server the page from the other machine
creating a staccato/flicker effect.
It is quite amazing!
Have you, or anyone, seen this before and know what might be