• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab Key Usage

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tab stops are included in TLF but while editing text if the tab key is pressed it executes the default Flex action of switching to the next component. I tried searching for a attribute so I could use the tab key in the way a normal text editor does but I couldn't find anything. Are we expected to have to capture the tab key input and insert the tab value ourselves?
TOPICS
Text layout framework

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009
This is a configuration option; by default it is set to allow Flash Player/AIR handle the tab key, but you can change this to allow TLF to handle the tab key instead.

Look at manageTabKey in the API docs: flashx.textLayout.elements.Configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a configuration option; by default it is set to allow Flash Player/AIR handle the tab key, but you can change this to allow TLF to handle the tab key instead.

Look at manageTabKey in the API docs: flashx.textLayout.elements.Configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it inserted the TLF tab into the markup but it still switched the focus to the next component in the tab list. Is this a defect?

Also, I tried to add it tab stops to the text flow and it just ignores them and tabs to the end of the line. Am I missing something?

Configuration(textFlow.configuration).manageTabKey = true;
textFlow.tabStops = [new TabStop(TabAlignment.START, 20)]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the tab issue use TabStopFormat instead of TabStop. TabStopFormat provides type checking and input validation services that are consistent with the rest of the TLF styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid this isn't working for me either. Build 460. I'm working with the AIR SDK in Flex 4 beta 1. Tab causes a new-line to appear (not a tab) in the TextFlow and then the focusManager kicks in, tabbing to the next Flex control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The default behavior when there are no tab stops before the end of the line is to create a new line exactly as you describe.  Please verify that you've specified tab stops.

This is even simpler than the above.

textFlow.tabStops="tabStops="s100 s200"

will create tabs at 100 and 200 pixels.

Regards,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks once again, I was confusing myself with the TabStopsFormat.defaultFormat, thinking that would supply some, it works perfectly when I use the formatted string you provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Is there a way to set a value to tabstop such that every new tab press adds a fixed value of space bet ween two characters

Ashar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines