• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets/styles in Robohelp 8

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to Robohelp 8. We use a style sheet that we created. Some of the styles have bullets or numbering a,b,c, and so on. Now that we are on Robohelp 8, it is replacing these bullets and letters with regular numbers. So a topic that previously was 1,2,3,a,b,c,4 is now 1,2,3,4,5,6,4

We found that we can go into every topic that is numbered with these bullets or letters and select the option Bullet Positioned within Paragraph in Bullets and Numbering. This fixes the problem but we'll have to go thru every single topic we have to find them. We have over 14,000 topics in one of our help files so this is not an option.

There's more....when looking at the topic in Design mode, the bullets appear as we styled them. You can only find these problems in the view mode where you've click on the eyeglasses to view or the build output.

Can someone help me here? I'm ready to go back to Robohelp 6. This sucks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are 100% right, there is a major bug in RH 8. Could someone please help as I have the same problem in my RH 8.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the CSS just for the styles that are not working as designed?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2009 Aug 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your reply, please find attached the .css style sheet as

requested.

Kind regards

Lina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't attach the CSS. Although not listed as an excluded type, maybe it is.

You could just insert the relevant section in the body.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What you're experiencing is not a bug. It's the consequense of incorrect list use. As peter said, please attach a html file and your css so we can have a look at it.

Also, we've discussed this problem at length, please search the RoboHelp forum so you'll get some more insight in what's causing this behaviour.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have attached the CSS stylesheet and a HTML file. I beleive Peter was right, the PC i was using had a low RAM configuration. Now I am using my Laptop and I am able to generate a PDF and Word document. But Now I have a new Issue. My topics are duplicating, and only the 1st chapter is showing up and duplicating 3 times. I went through Peter's website and found the issue there. I tried the work around by attaching an inbuilt CSS template and it is still not working quite well. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eeeh,

Are we talking about the same thing here? My post was about lists not styling the way they should. I think you are mistaken with another discussion.

About your lists, I guess you're using the multi-level list styles in Robo8. According to your style sheet, all your lists should have the image smallbabyblue.jpg instead of numbers or bullits. See the code:

OL,

UL { <-- Applies to ordered lists and unordered lists

font-size: 10pt;

margin-left: 25px;

margin-top: 6px;

margin-bottom: 6px;

list-style: url(smallbabyblue.jpg); <-- lists will always use this image. When the image is not available the browsers will use the default: numbers for ordered lists and bullets for unordered lists.

font-family: ; <-- empty, please remove

}

This styling isn't overwritten in any list item. I'd suggest adding list style information to your multi level lists.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This CSS was modified recently. When I had posted the issue, I had only one level of listing, and it was not multi-level. I had just attached one bullet image, babyblue one to that bullet. And it as actually generating the HTML output differently. Thats when I had posted this message.

But now I have created 2 different type of Bullet listing, and I am not able to see my first level bullet which is like an arrow. All bullets are apprearing with the style of my second level bullet listing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, Try removing the bullit-type form OL,UL. Your styling requires that you use list item styles.

You can set styles to the different levels of multi-level lists. Assign Li.1stLevel_Listing and Li.2ndLevel_Listing to the first and second level of your multi-level list, or define the list styles trough Robo's css editor.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this "enhancement" sucks. I upgraded and all my simple bullet lists are hosed - they show numbers instead of bullets.

Changing it back is not simple or intuitive at all. I wish we had never upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do take a moment and complete a Bug Report so that Adobe is advised. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Has anyone found any solution???? I'm banging my head against a wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our solution was to go back to RoboHelp 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Using RoboHelp 8 on my site. There is a lot of information there about getting your lists working properly.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp