• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I convert .swf file to exe file?

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

TOPICS
Ad development , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2006 Apr 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn't convert a swf to an exe, unless you were creating a self-launching zip file, but that's a function of winZip and other compression apps, and all the exe will do is produce the swf file, it won't open it.

Other than that route, if all you have is the swf file, somebody with more experience than me will have to comment if it's possible to convert a swf to an exe that launches the Flash object.

Now, I think what you want to do is publish a Windows projector (exe) from the .fla file. If you have access to the .fla file, luckily it's very easy to do this.

So when you open the project in Flash, go to the File menu, select Publish Settings, and now you can choose from all the different types of files you can publsh to. Select Windows Projector (exe) and deselect any that you don't want.
Now click publish. Wherever it published to, you will find an exe file that you can open like any other app, and it will run the flash object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks alot for that. It's really helpful. I'm actually new to Adobe flash and I'm having trouble exporting the .swf to a .exe with ALL the required files (some XML and .jpg files) in the .exe. Really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try bullrushsoft SWF to EXE Converter.

It's a powerful and easy-to-use wizard-like tool that can add all files (some XML and .jpg files) in the ONE .exe.

Please google "bullrushsoft" for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! I'm looking for a way to convert SWF into executable. I've heard that I can convert in such a way that flash video will play without flash player installed. Is this true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Robert. You I do not quite understand what exactly you are interested.

You want to know which converter is able to do it or what technology is used? Can you clarify??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I would like to know about the technology. How can I play the flash movie without flash player? What's the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, if you want to know more about this technology, you can read the documentation of f-in-box, this is a library for flash. Select a section "Create flash-enabled applications..."
I know that the flash player can be packed into an executable file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John! I think I understood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I used bullrushsoft SWF to EXE converter, but the created EXE file showing only white screen, i think i need to add flash player also but i don't know how to add flash player during swf to exe conversion.

Because when i converted swf into exe from my pc, it showing size 880 KB where swf file size is 413 KB, on the other hand, I convert the same online which is playing correctly but the converted file size is 4.57 MB.

Am i right?

Kindly help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank for your choise.

If showing only white screen, please download the lastest version, v2.03.

http://www.bullrushsoft.com/download.html

This problem occurs in Win7 sp1, especially IE has been upgraded to v10.

Our SWF to EXE Converter must need the FlashPlayer plugin for IE, it 's not a atandalone program.

So it only 880KB.

Our online converter is the adobe flash player exe, it can be embed the swf into, and standalone, so its size > 4MB.

More details, please visit http://www.bullrushsoft.com/online.html

Best Regards.

2013-08-11

Bullrushsoft Support Team

Date: 2013-08-11 02:52:01

To: Sandro_brs

Cc:

Subject: _How_can_I_convert_.swf fileto_exe_file?

Re: How can I convert .swf file to exe file?

created by mmshahid73 in Flash Ad Development - View the full discussion

Hi, I used bullrushsoft SWF to EXE converter, but the created EXE file showing only white screen, i think i need to add flash player also but i don't know how to add flash player duriing swf to exe conversion.

Because when i converted swf into exe from my pc, it showing size 880 KB where swf file size is 413 KB, onthe other hand, I convert the same online which is playing correctly but the converted file size is 4.57 MB.

Am i right?

Kindly help

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5583680#5583680

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Flash Ad Development by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EXACTLY what i did.

software download is also BOSS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't work it won't let me click the buttons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2006 Apr 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to convert a swf to exe just open the swf alone then go to file > create projector this will create a standalone exe file that will run on virtualy any PC computer with or without the flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2006 Apr 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: .:}x-=V!P=-x{:.
to convert a swf to exe just open the swf alone then go to file > create projector this will create a standalone exe file that will run on virtualy any PC computer with or without the flash player

I stand corrected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if it does not let you create a projector

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i am trying to do the same thing and its not letting me Create Projector either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I convert an swf to jpg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try flajector or similar converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines