Skip navigation
maginstruments
Currently Being Moderated

Constantly have to reinstall latest flash player

Mar 18, 2009 10:02 AM

I have a pain-in-the-***-problem!
I'm running the latest Internet Explorer (IE8) and the latest flash player (on a Vista(32) platform).
Everytime my computer has been turned off, I have to reinstall flash player eventhough it's activated, enabled, run as administrator and everything else that normally may cause it not to function.
Not only do I have to reinstall FP, but I also have to uninstall it first before reinstall!!

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2009 7:15 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    I have this exact same problem here.

Maybe someone here can help us out.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2009 7:34 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    I am also having this problem. It is driving me crazy. I have tried everything maginstruments has listed, but nothing works. I am adding my name to the list.
    HELP!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2009 6:37 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    Is there anyone that can help us with this problem?????

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2009 5:48 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    HELP ???????????????

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2009 6:45 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    I cannot get flash player 10 to install, it says it is installed, but then doesn't work, I went to Adobe site and tried to download Flash Player 9 and there is a charge, and I thought I would go ahead and sign up for the 1 year at under $3 and it tries to charge almost $30. Everything worked fine last week and all of a sudden my Flash Player doesnt work. I am running on Windows Vista. Any help out there?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2009 5:16 PM   in reply to maginstruments
    I have to use the Adobe uninstall tool first then install the flash player and it will work just fine.

As soon as I restart the computer I no longer have the Flash Player working with IE 8 and have to go through this whole mess again time after time.

There is no one here on this forum that has a clue how to fix this problem flash so we are SOL.

Keep the good old Firefox running for now.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2009 5:47 PM   in reply to BrokeBrain
    Does anyone from Adobe moniter these foums? Looking through the list of topics I seem to get the same problem. users have adobe installed, up to date & keep getting messages saying they need to download the latest version of flash player. I have this problem on my xp machine. tried uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting intenet options and still have the problem. can someone address this?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2009 6:30 AM   in reply to tim120hawkins
    I used the uninstaller then reinstalled. so far seemed to help. here's the article I found which helped.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=945195&start=0&st=0& sk=t&sd=a&sid=458f9256c09288e8175dbc821ddd34e2

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2009 7:38 AM   in reply to tim120hawkins
    quote:

Originally posted by: tim120hawkins
    I used the uninstaller then reinstalled. so far seemed to help. here's the article I found which helped.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=945195&start=0&st=0& sk=t&sd=a&sid=458f9256c09288e8175dbc821ddd34e2

I use the uninstaller also but after restarting my computer the flash player is no longer installed anymore.
    I'm just using Firefox and Chrome until I can get this working on IE 8.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2009 1:44 PM   in reply to BrokeBrain
    what OS are you running? IE8 beta?/RC1 or final release? I'll try to help but I'm no expert. I can tell you what I have done. this has happened to me a couple of times on my xp machine. I found an article that may help http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2153/vista_adobe_flash_player/

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2009 8:33 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    I have Vista Home Premium and the latest release of IE 8.

Also I have tried all of these things and can get it installed and working fine but as soon as I restart the computer it is no longer installed in IE8.

I wish I could go back the the last version of Flash 10 before this one as it was working just fine.

I try to install the old version of 10 and it won't let me as it keeps wanting the latest version.

I can't figure this one out.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2009 10:05 AM   in reply to BrokeBrain
    Goto IE tools->Internet Options click on the "Programs" tab click Manage add-ons button. In the drop down menu ( middle left side) select "All add-ons" scroll down and find Shock wave flash object and make sure it is enabled. I'll do some research and see what I can come up with. Let me know

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2009 11:14 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    Yes, it's enabled yet it's not working.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2009 12:44 PM   in reply to BrokeBrain
    Found another "flash forum" check out the post by Roderick on Jun. 25, 2008. Might work for you. Let me know.

Why doesn't Flash Player work?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2009 3:35 PM   in reply to tim120hawkins
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Looks complicated.

Do you know of any way that I can just install version 10.0.12.36 ?

I tried and it keeps downloading and installing the latest version.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2009 1:22 PM   in reply to maginstruments
    OK, Went through that whole mess and I still have the same problem with IE 8.

I did not have this problem with Flash Player Version 10.0.12.36 and IE 8

Anyway to go back to this version?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2009 11:22 AM   in reply to maginstruments
    Anyone have an answer to this?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)