Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constantly have to reinstall latest flash player

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pain-in-the-ass-problem!
I'm running the latest Internet Explorer (IE8) and the latest flash player (on a Vista(32) platform).
Everytime my computer has been turned off, I have to reinstall flash player eventhough it's activated, enabled, run as administrator and everything else that normally may cause it not to function.
Not only do I have to reinstall FP, but I also have to uninstall it first before reinstall!!

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem here.

Maybe someone here can help us out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. It is driving me crazy. I have tried everything maginstruments has listed, but nothing works. I am adding my name to the list.
HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2009 Mar 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone that can help us with this problem?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP ???????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get flash player 10 to install, it says it is installed, but then doesn't work, I went to Adobe site and tried to download Flash Player 9 and there is a charge, and I thought I would go ahead and sign up for the 1 year at under $3 and it tries to charge almost $30. Everything worked fine last week and all of a sudden my Flash Player doesnt work. I am running on Windows Vista. Any help out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to use the Adobe uninstall tool first then install the flash player and it will work just fine.

As soon as I restart the computer I no longer have the Flash Player working with IE 8 and have to go through this whole mess again time after time.

There is no one here on this forum that has a clue how to fix this problem flash so we are SOL.

Keep the good old Firefox running for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2009 Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone from Adobe moniter these foums? Looking through the list of topics I seem to get the same problem. users have adobe installed, up to date & keep getting messages saying they need to download the latest version of flash player. I have this problem on my xp machine. tried uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting intenet options and still have the problem. can someone address this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the uninstaller then reinstalled. so far seemed to help. here's the article I found which helped.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=945195&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=458f9256c09288e8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: tim120hawkins
I used the uninstaller then reinstalled. so far seemed to help. here's the article I found which helped.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=945195&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=458f9256c09288e8...

I use the uninstaller also but after restarting my computer the flash player is no longer installed anymore.
I'm just using Firefox and Chrome until I can get this working on IE 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what OS are you running? IE8 beta?/RC1 or final release? I'll try to help but I'm no expert. I can tell you what I have done. this has happened to me a couple of times on my xp machine. I found an article that may help http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2153/vista_adobe_flash_player/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2009 Mar 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Vista Home Premium and the latest release of IE 8.

Also I have tried all of these things and can get it installed and working fine but as soon as I restart the computer it is no longer installed in IE8.

I wish I could go back the the last version of Flash 10 before this one as it was working just fine.

I try to install the old version of 10 and it won't let me as it keeps wanting the latest version.

I can't figure this one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto IE tools->Internet Options click on the "Programs" tab click Manage add-ons button. In the drop down menu ( middle left side) select "All add-ons" scroll down and find Shock wave flash object and make sure it is enabled. I'll do some research and see what I can come up with. Let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's enabled yet it's not working.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found another "flash forum" check out the post by Roderick on Jun. 25, 2008. Might work for you. Let me know.

Why doesn't Flash Player work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Looks complicated.

Do you know of any way that I can just install version 10.0.12.36 ?

I tried and it keeps downloading and installing the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Went through that whole mess and I still have the same problem with IE 8.

I did not have this problem with Flash Player Version 10.0.12.36 and IE 8

Anyway to go back to this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Anyone have an answer to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines