• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: multiple FLVs and seekToNextNavCuePoint

Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS3

I'm working on a sharepoint file that involves a video of a presentation with embedded cue points that trigger specific keyframes which in turn display text relative to what the person in the video is saying. I've gotten this all to work just fine when its just one scene, but the presentation is broken up into 5 chapters and what I was trying to do is have each chapter have its own scene. I set this up, but discovered that while the seekToNextNavCuePoint works fine for the first scene, it doesn't work with the next scene. Instead it jumps to the new cue point, plays about a half second of the video and then the movie's UI (it's one of the out-of-the-box one's that come with Flash Pro) progress bar goes all stripey and then it stops.
I attached the Actionscript I have setup for the 1st scene. I have Flash Player setup for debugging, but this doesn't seem to trigger any error messages. I've tried for each additional scene to rename everything so that there aren't any duplicated instances between the scenes but that didn't work. I even took that 2nd scene and when I deleted all the scenes around cue skipping worked just fine, so it seems like it's something specific to do with having multiple scenes.

I'm hoping it's just a coding issues and not a a larger problem with something.

For now I've just made each scene it's own Flash movie, but I was kind of hoping to have it all as one movie file. Thoughts?

All help is appreciated.
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After doing some more poking around, I see that scenes are looked down upon. What's the best thing for me to use in my situation? I was thinking movie clips, but can they have the same full functionality as a normal Flash movie, or are they limited to just animation without interaction? Should I just stick to using multiple files and just link to them via their URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines