Skip navigation
sea_lone
Currently Being Moderated

Can't stop Adobe Flash Player pop up

Dec 21, 2008 10:07 AM

Long story short: all of the sudden videos on youtube won't play & some other webpages have display problems in Firefox (ok in IE) so I try to download Adobe Flash Player but my OS (Windows Me) isn't supported so could not install.
Problem is it won't install yet anytime I'm on a webpage using IE (not in Firefox) I constantly get the Adobe Flash Player Active X Setup pop up saying "You are trying to install A F P Active X on an unsupported operating system" and I'm forced to click OK to get rid of it & it tries to go through the unpacking routine.
I've tried everything to get rid of this piece of crap & nothing has worked. (BTW - youtube videos STILL won't play in Firefox either!)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2008 10:50 AM   in reply to sea_lone

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2009 10:53 PM   in reply to sea_lone
    PLEASE HELP. How can I stop the pop-up which asks me to
    Download Adobe FlashPlayer. It is most annoying. I DO NOT want to download it --but the message still keeps pops up all the time.

PLEASE SUGGEST A REMEDy

|
    Mark as:
    3. ,
    Mar 23, 2009 10:57 AM   in reply to doomoo
    I'm not a tech person or anything and hopefully Gary will respond to your inquiry. All I can tell you is I had the same problem for two weeks and I tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling FP10 etc. I also went on a bug hunt. Bottom line after all that aggravation I had to do a complete system restore because when I tried to download FP10 something was corrupted. Wait for Gary to respond before you try anything this drastic. Believe me I completely sympathize with you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)