Skip navigation
marshallfranklyn
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Air update install fails

Aug 12, 2008 9:02 AM

I have been using Acrobat.com as a desktop application. As of today, every time I launch the application, I get an update notification about an update for the Adobe Air platform for Acrobat.com. When I click to update, the installation fails, and the error message tells me to contact the autor of the application. Do you know anything about this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 12, 2008 9:16 AM   in reply to marshallfranklyn
    Dear Marshallfranklyn,

Could you provide more details:
    What kind of operating system are you on and what browser are you using?

Kind regards,
    Lao Ma

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2008 6:08 AM   in reply to marshallfranklyn
    Dear Marshallfranklyn,

I am as well on Windows XP SP2 and Internet Explorer 6.
    I am using Air in version 1.1.0.5790. What version of air are you using ("Add and Remove Programms should tell you). Unfortunately I could not replicate the issue.
    Could you try to clean your browser i.e. delete all coockies and try it again?

Kind regards,
    Lao Ma

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2008 6:36 AM   in reply to Lao Ma
    Dear Marshallfranklyn,

Sorry, cleaning the coockies wont do anything I must admit. But how is your setup?
    Are there some security issues which prevent you from installing the latest air version, i.e. are you behind a firewall?

Kind regards,
    Lao Ma

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2008 8:30 PM   in reply to marshallfranklyn
    I have Acrobat.com installed on my system and I became aware of an update which I understand to be called Acrobat.com AIR.

I downloaded Acrobat.com AIR but when it was installing, a message appeared which read, "Same version as installed version." Then I was given the option to "Un-install", the currently installed Acrobat.com, "Save" or "Cancel".

Since I wasn't sure of the outcome, I canceled the process to play it safe. Was I being overly cautious?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2008 8:32 PM   in reply to marshallfranklyn
    I have Acrobat.com installed on my system and I became aware of an update which I understand to be called Acrobat.com AIR.

I downloaded Acrobat.com AIR but when it was installing, a message appeared which read, "Same version as installed version." Then I was given the option to "Un-install", the currently installed Acrobat.com, "Save" or "Cancel".

Since I wasn't sure of the outcome, I canceled the process to play it safe. Was I being overly cautious?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2008 8:58 AM   in reply to marshallfranklyn
    entercms,

Would you be able to tell me which version of the Acrobat.com desktop application and which version of the AIR runtime you have installed?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points