Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Script running slowly...

May 20, 2008 11:01 AM

Hi there!

The alert message "A script in this movie is causing Flash Player to run slowly. If it continues to play your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?" is really driving me mad.
Everything was going well.

It happened suddenly when I published my movie for about the hundreth time just after adding a script.

I tried to re-publish with the new script removed and I still got the same message!
I verified all the scripts my movie contains and there's no error in the scripting
(at least as Check syntax tells me...)

In the publishing window, I can see the whole movie playing very quickly without a stop even if each concerned keyframe has a stop(); in it.

If I abort the script, the movie continues to run and at the end of the graphical display of the frames, I can see a lot of "ghost" frames (about twenty) and the panel indicates a preload of about 3 000 000 frames !!!!!
If I don't abort the script, the graphical display and the Preload quantity is normal (about 270 frames).

Does anybody has an idea of what is happening?

Many thanks for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2008 11:37 PM   in reply to GerryIsHere
    What kind of script did you add? Sometimes Flash does that warning when it hasn't got any status messages/data for a certain period of time..

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 24, 2008 4:17 PM   in reply to GerryIsHere
    that warning is usually the result of a for-loop or while-loop that's taking more than 15 seconds to execute. for example, looping more than 10,000 times may start to cause problems on some computers.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 26, 2008 7:28 AM   in reply to GerryIsHere
    that code wouldn't cause a timeout problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 26, 2008 2:45 PM   in reply to GerryIsHere
    the code's position is not relevant to any timeout issue. something else is/was causing your problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points