Skip navigation
supermanatwork
Currently Being Moderated

Email verification

Aug 18, 2008 12:33 AM

I don't see anyone else having this problem, but it's been bugging me for a while. My access to Acrobat.com has been erratic. Most of the time, I get a message saying that my email has not been verified and that I should click "Send" to send myself an email verification notice. After clicking "Send," nothing seems to happen. No email received, nothing.

I have successfully tried Buzzword a couple of times. But once I sign out, I'm in trouble again.

I have used three different email addresses to the same results, and I have also checked to make sure that none of the verification notices went into my spam folders. A little help here please? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2008 5:56 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Hi supermanatwork,

Could you tell us more details, such as:
    - What operating system are you on
    - Which browser do you use?
    - Do you have a pop up blocker enabled?

Kind regards,
    Lao Ma

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2008 8:51 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Unfortunately we do not have the ability to delete accounts at this time. Have you tried the "Forgot password?" link in the login dialog with any of your accounts to see if those e-mails are received, and if you are able to log in after a password reset?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2008 5:33 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    I just tried resetting my AdobeID password and everything is working. If you are getting a message like "Can't connect to server", have you tried temporarily disabling any firewall products you are running, Norton Internet Security if you have that. If you are behind a router, does your router run any sort of firewall that may be blocking your connection to Acrobat.com?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 1:28 AM   in reply to Patrick Leckey
    I have basically the same problems.

1. On Internet Explorer 7 visiting acrobat.com just give me a blank black screen. Firefox works though and I get the 5 buttons with buzzword, connectnow etc.

2. It is impossible to login. Sometimes you get the message "unable to connect to server" and sometimes you get the message "Email verification required". If you click "Send" it thinks for a while and then oppsup with a black dialog with just a Close button. No other text whatsover.
    I have reset my adobe id several times and I can login to adobe.com fine.

I have disabled all popup blockers and there's noting in the firewall blocking either. I am using Windows Vista x64 with SP1 and IE 7/FF 3.
    Another question. Am I supposed to use the same login as I have on adobe.com or is it a separate account for acrobat.com?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 8:33 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Depending on your security settings in IE7, you may have to add *.acrobat.com to your trusted sites list. However, the most common reason for seeing the blank black screen is when ad-blocking or flash-blocking plug-ins falsely identify the Acrobat.com interface as an advertisement and block the content from you. Since the site works for you in Firefox and not in IE, it is most likely an IE ad-blocking plug-in that is blocking the content.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 1:15 PM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Another one with a similar issue. I have this issue both when trying to log on from work (IE) and from home (Safari on OSX). I try to log on and I get the "email verificsation required" message. When I click "send", nothing happens for a while, and then I get a blank popup with a "Close" button. When I try the "Forgot your password?", I get the "Cannot connect to server" message.

I'm not using a popup blocker, and the firewall is set to allow all incomming connections. Please help, as I have files on Buzzword (that I could access before it merged with acrobat.com) that I need to get to.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 2:25 PM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Your firewall will need to allow outgoing HTTPS (port 443) connections, and you should try adding *.acrobat.com to your firewall exception.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2008 12:04 PM   in reply to Patrick Leckey
    Once I turned off Ad-Blocker (using the IEPro plugin) for IE I can see acrobat.com fine but it's still not possible to login. It tells me that the email address must be verified. I click the button to send me an email and after 15 secs. an empty black dialog pops up with no text at all. There is nothing blocked in any firewall. As many seem to have this problem maybe you should look at the apps themselves. These are product killer bugs.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2008 12:31 PM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Fredrik Vestin,

If you can give us an environment that reliably reproduces the error, I'll be happy to test it. I have tested with IE6 SP2 on Windows XP SP2 and SP3, IE7 on XP SP2 and SP3, Firefox 2.0.0.16 and 3.0.1 on XP SP2 and SP3, and the same range of browsers on Vista and Vista SP1 (except for IE6 of course) and have not been able to recreate your issue. I even have it up an running on a Ubuntu 8.04 VM with Firefox 3.0.1. This is all with Flash Player 9.0r124 (the most current Flash player available) and no browser plug-ins installed unless the situation specifically requires it (I have tested with IE7Pro on Vista for example).

For receiving e-mails I have tested with my work account, and to rule out the problem not being reproducible inside the Adobe network I created a testing GMail account and it is also receiving the password reset and verification e-mails.

As you of course know, Acrobat.com is still in beta, so any advice you can give us on recreating these bugs would be appreciated so that we can get them sorted out before the product comes out of beta, but there isn't much we can do to fix a bug we can't reproduce. I'm not trying to say you're not seeing this issue, I'm sure you are and I can certainly imagine how frustrating it is. I'd love to help get this resolved, but there must be something specific to your configuration I haven't tested yet that is causing this. Any detail you can provide that I would be able to test against would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2008 11:06 PM   in reply to Patrick Leckey
    I have tried at work on a Windows Vista x64 machine with IE 7 and FF 3. I have also tried from home with a Windows XP SP3 and IE7/FF 3 and I get the exact same result. There is no firewall blocking anything as far as I can tell. Whenever I put in my email and password it comes back and says "Email Verification Required". If I click the Send button an empty black dialog is displayed. I don't know what else to test.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2008 5:44 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    What software do you have in common between the machines (antivirus, security)? Are you saying you have disabled the default Windows Firewall on both machines and not installed any other internet security software (Norton Internet Security for example)? If you are behind a router, does your router have a firewall? What plug-ins are you running in your browsers? What version of Flash player do you have installed? At work, are any of your colleagues able to login successfully?

Any questions you can answer will help us get this resolved for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 10:27 AM   in reply to Patrick Leckey
    Hello!

I have exactly the same problem, when trying to sign in I get a message telling me that my email-address needs verification. When I click the "send"-button, the dialog is still open and nothing happends. After about 15 seconds I get an empty messagebox with only an "x" in the corner and a "close"-button.

I have tried on several configurations:
    1: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11
    2: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, Flock 1.2.4 (built on Firefox 2.0.0.16)
    3: Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 1, Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000
    4: Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 1, Flock 1.2.4 (built on Firefox 2.0.0.16)

I home someone can help...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 11:07 AM   in reply to Frode Evensen
    Hi Frode

Did you ever receive a verification email from Adobe?

Did you check your junk mail folder? We have seen it where this email is flagged as junk.

When you click on send button, did you close the dialog OR waited as is when you ran into the issue?

What the veriosn of flash player? If possible pls post a screenshot.

Thanks
    -sarabjit

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 11:19 AM   in reply to Sarabjit Singh
    Hi Frode

It would help if we know which service panel (Share/CPDF/Buzzword/ConnectNow) you are logging in?

Thanks
    -sarabjit

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 11:27 AM   in reply to Patrick Leckey
    Patrick,

I have tried this at home on a Windows XP SP3 where I have McAfee antivirus installed. I have disabled everything in McAfee and also disabled the Windows firewall completely. McAfee will tell me if it blocks anything btw. I have disabled the firewall in the router. Flash version is It 9,0,124,0. I test in FF with no extensions and in IE where I have IEPro but I disabled it just to test it does not help.

I tried at work on a Vista x64 with SP1. The company firewall is not blocking any traffic and I have also tried to disable the Windows firewall but it does not help. I have the same versions of browsers and flash plugin at work.
    I have the exact same experience as Frode.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 11:57 AM   in reply to Sarabjit Singh
    Hi again...

The problem is occurring on all 5 service panel, no difference which I try to use.

I am not sure what version of Flash i had, cause the 4 different tries was from my workplace, and now I am home, but I have also tried at home with the following configurations:

5: Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1, Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000, Flash Player 9.0.124.0
    6: Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1, Flock 1.2.4 (built on Firefox 2.0.0.16), Flash Player 9.0.124.0

I changed my e-mail-address and tried again, but nothing seems to work.
    I have of course checked my spam-filters, nothing there either.

The problem is also the same both when I try to open acrobat.com from one of my web-browsers, but also when I try to open the AIR-client or whatever that was installed when installing Acrobat Reader 9.

A screen shot of the problem can be seen on: http://www.gakk.net/acrobat.jpg
    As you can see, the dialog asking to send verification-email is not closed when clicking "send". If i click "cancel" before the black dialog appears, then the black dialog does not appear.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 12:21 PM   in reply to Frode Evensen
    After some more testing I might have resolved the problem...

I tried to create several fictive accounts with different countries as my home country. I can successfully log in to accounts at acrobat.com that have United States as country. When I use accounts with different countries (ex. Norway) the described problem occurs.

I have read the service agreement and can not find that the service is restricted to residents outside US, is this so?

But now another question: Does anyone know how to delete the fictive accounts I have created? I could not find any option to do this at my profile on adobe.com...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 12:39 PM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Unfortunately you can't delete accounts. If you PM me with the account names, I'll see what I can do about it.

The service is by no means restricted to the US only (I'm in Canada). I have tested and been able to recreate your issue using European countries. This is definitely something I will escalate immediately so that we can get it corrected in the very near future.

Thank you all for your patience during this beta trial period, and in helping us identify conflicts like this.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 2:56 PM   in reply to Patrick Leckey
    Thanks for quick response, just glad I could help :-)

Hope the services is quickly fixed as I look forward to trying them out.

- Frode

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 10:59 PM   in reply to Frode Evensen
    Frode,

Just a question. How do you change the home country? It's impossible for me to change the country on my account, the field is editable. I'm ion Sweden by the way which might be why the services are not working for me either.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2008 12:06 AM   in reply to Fredrik_Vestin
    Hi Fredrik,

It is not possible to change the country. I did the testing by creating another account, but don't recomend it. I am waiting to see if Adobe fixes this quickly.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2008 5:37 PM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Just to add to this list. I'm accessing acrobat.com from Singapore and have that information registered in my profile. Same problem here as what the other posters have mentioned. I tried with:

Mac OS X (10.5) with both Safari and Firefox 3
    Windows Vista Enterprise with IE 7

It just refuses to send me a verification email. When I click send, nothing happens. I thought a small processing box would appear -- as it did when I needed to get the system to resend my password. But in this case it didn't. I get the same blank dialog box eventually.

The request for forgotten password also returns the "cannot connect to server error message." This seems like a server-side issue to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2008 2:09 PM   in reply to supermanatwork
    I basically have the same problem as described.

I'm extremely puzzled about why I get a login error in Adobe Reader/Share my Screen/Adobe.com Login ->"Your Adobe ID account request has expired..."
    EVEN THOUGH I have no difficulty signing in with the same credentials to Adobe.com via browser (Firefox & MS Explorer) at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nl=1&nf=1&loc=en_u s.How come??

I run MS Vista SP1 and have tested Firefox 3.0.1 and/or InternetExplorer 7

Kind regards,Carl

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2008 1:05 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Any comment from anyone at Adobe on this issue? When can we expect this to be resolved?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2008 5:31 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    I want to log in but it reminds me that I need to verify my email address. But when I click on the send button, it doesn't respond but I don't get any mail.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2008 8:39 AM   in reply to supermanatwork
    Sorry, we have no ETA on the fix at this point. The cause is still being investigated.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2009 9:57 AM   in reply to Patrick Leckey

I want to know why I can't open my email account for jackreer@adobe.com they say that I don't have an account I want to know what's happening this is the first one have a problem with. Please if you can help I would appericate it'

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2009 10:08 AM   in reply to supermanatwork

And another thing when I do try to get to an email address yahoo always pops up i really am lost on this one i not going to give up but i am fusterated

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2009 4:28 PM   in reply to Larry Reed

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having trouble. It appears that jackreer@adobe.com isn't a valid email address. In order to successfully register an Acrobat.com account, you'll need to use a working email address. Acrobat.com does not provide an email service. Please try again with a valid email address. As you are probably aware you have many free options to obtain an email account - such as gmail, hotmail, or yahoo!.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points