Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't Run Any CFM pages After CF7 Upgrade

Sep 3, 2006 4:49 PM

Was running CF5 on developer PC, WinXP, IIS, SQL Server with no problems. Went to upgrade to CFMX 7. So uninstalled CF5, did a clean install of CF7, Server Install, with IIS.

Install went fine, but when asked to run the "Getting Started Experience" or "CF Administrator", Internet Explorer prompts me for UserID and Password (not the CF Admin password). Also, I can access any .HTML pages on my CFM web site, but when trying to access any .CFM pages, I get the same promt in IE, for a UserID and Password.

Can anyone advise how to correct this? Seems I went through something similar 4 years ago when installing CF5, but can't remember the solution. Appreciate any help/advice, am totally frozen until I can access .CFM pages. Thank you.

Gary

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2006 7:43 AM   in reply to Gary1
    Just a note on this. Having the USERS group with permissions on the cfusionmx7 directory is a little more permissive then we would like so we've tried various other groups/users that are less likely to give unneeded permission access. During installation you can give the IUSR_servername & IIS_WPG account read/write to the inetpub & cfusionmx7 directory. Once installation is done you can remove the write permissions and leave just the RX permissions. However if you run into a couple other issues once you've locked it down like that there is another tech doc that refers to a dir inside of cfusionmx7 that might need write permissions.

Here it is
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=a9eb1bad

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points