Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PHP5 and MySQL 5 Compatibility

Feb 14, 2008 10:48 PM

I host my websites on a reseller account for a webhost that is about to upgrade their server technology to PHP5 and MySQL 5. Both PHP and MySQL is now at version 4."something." :-) My question is this, I have websites that were built using MX Kollection Pro 3.7.1 and ADDT 1.0. Has anyone came across any compatibility issues with using PHP5 and MySQL 5. At this point, I don't think I will have issues using PHP5 - but not sure. But the MySQL 5 is uncharted territory for me.

I really don't want to have a website that will not function properly due to the upgrade. I hope someone has come across using those technologies, so let me know if you have had any problems. I exclusively use ADDT for my new websites. MX Kollection is for managing my older websites. I only use the PHP/MySQL combination for my websites.

Also, to write my database tables, I use PhpMyAdmin to create the tables. It is easy for me to login to my hosting account and use that program to write my tables. I then used Kollection or ADDT to write the scripts as far joining tables and stuff like that.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2008 11:37 PM   in reply to (Carlos_B)
    Hi Carlos,

this has already been answered in the thread "Is PHP 5, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5, compatible with ADDT?" :: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c0555ef/1

Cheers,
    Günter Schenk
    Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)