Skip navigation
(gavin_oakes)
Currently Being Moderated

Which Rip for Xerox 242?

Aug 8, 2008 4:47 AM

Hi All very new to here and i have a question

Could anyone tell me whether they have any experience with EFI Fiery Bustled RIP or the Creo Lite Rip for the Xerox 242?

What im looking to know is there much difference in them with aids to colour management for instance will i get better quality from the Creo Lite?

All help is greatly appreciated

g

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2008 5:33 AM   in reply to (gavin_oakes)
    I use EFI Fiery Bustled now and it work really great. And I don't think Changing to Creo Lite Rip will make so much deference quality.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2009 5:10 PM   in reply to (gavin_oakes)
    I dont know much about the Creo, but I have spent a great deal of time color managing the Bustled Fiery RIP. What are you looking to learn?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2009 1:05 PM   in reply to (gavin_oakes)

Hi

I haven't used the Fiery or CREO with Xerox, but have used them both extensively with Konica Minolta production color.  Both have their strengths.  CREO is much easier to learn and very user friendly.  The color management and color correction capabilities are strong on both.  My personal preference has been CREO, but EFI has done a fantastic job the past couple of years with improvements on the Fiery controllers that have brought them neck and neck with CREO.  Bottom line is you won't go wrong with either one you choose.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2009 5:14 PM   in reply to (gavin_oakes)

We all prefer CREO above the other.  It is definitely more user-friendly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2009 5:55 AM   in reply to nstew32

I agree completely... 

I do have to give EFI credit, though.  They have made significant improvements the past two years.  They just released a new version of Command Workstation and have completely overhauled the user interface.  I've been working with it for about a month and it is very strong and user friendly. 

I'm still very partial to the Creo, but EFI is making strides to catch up. 

To give perspective and background:  I am the director of production print sales for one of the top three Konica Minolta resellers in the country.  Much of my bias one way or the other is based on which server has required the least support in the field with our clients (My team and I have all been trained directly by EFI and Creo to provide the highest possible level of training and support on both print servers). Creo has always required less support on every level.

EFI has definitely been playing catch up the past couple of years. I think they still have a little work to do, but they are quickly moving "neck to neck" with Creo.

Thanks for time and feedback!

Randy

Randy Stirratt

Perry Corporation

Randy Stirratt | CDIA+

Director | Special Markets

Perry Corporation

800-589-7360 x2121

rstirratt@perrycorporation.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This