Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PDF 4 PowerPoint Slides On One Sheet?

Feb 4, 2009 1:29 PM

Hi,
I'm not sure if this forum can help me... I have a 60 slide PowerPoint presentation. I have been requested to save it as a PDF, but with 4 slides on each sheet so it is a 15 page document. Is this possible? Any ideas?

Thanks

Barb

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2009 7:32 PM   in reply to (Barb_Holowack)
    Quite Imposing will do this for you, if you have Acrobat.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2009 6:45 AM   in reply to (Barb_Holowack)
    You can also create a handout from PowerPoint with 4 slides per page, then print to PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2009 6:45 PM   in reply to (Barb_Holowack)
    It is a page imposition software. Go to www.quite.com.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2009 8:25 AM   in reply to (Barb_Holowack)
    Acrobat 8 & 9 can also print multiple pages to a sheet. Print to the PDF print driver and you have your 4-pages to a sheet file.

In other words, as much as I like Quite Imposing, it is not necessary for this job.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2009 11:42 AM   in reply to David Creamer
    The n-up print features of Acrobat 8 and 9 work very well, but (1) they don't produce a PDF file that can be saved and (2) you have no significant control over how the pages are imposed (such as margins, space between pages, etc.) other than whether or not a frame is printed around each page. For these purposes, imposition software (such as that from Quite Software) is really needed.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2009 6:55 AM   in reply to (Barb_Holowack)
    (1) I created a 4-up PDF from Acrobat by printing to the Adobe PDF print driver before I posted, so it can easily be done.

(2) I did not see any info that the OP needed the amount of control that Quite Imposing provided vs. the expense. Nothing was stated about needing to do a 4-up job for printing-but to simply gang the slides up (possibly for a simple handout). Both PowerPoint and Acrobat can do that without additional software.

Unless the OP provides more info about the purpose of the 4-up, I still say Quite Imposing is overkill for this request (based on the info provided).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2009 2:29 PM   in reply to David Creamer
    Note that "refrying" PDF to create a new PDF file by printing to Adobe PDF is absolutely not recommended by Adobe as the PostScript output by Acrobat (and other Adobe applications) is optimized for printing, not for production of PDF. Furthermore, you lose any live transparency, color management, tagging, etc. that might be in the original PDF file.

Yes, I know that the OP didn't mention any specific needs. And I am not trying to force the OP to license unnecessary software. My comments were for general educational purposes. I often do either 4-up or 6-up printing of presentations (I use InDesign, not PowerPoint) and indeed have found that I do need the level of control of page placement and page numbering capabilities not available via Acrobat's n-up printing facility.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2009 10:56 AM   in reply to (Barb_Holowack)
    > Note that "refrying" PDF to create a new PDF file by printing to Adobe PDF is absolutely not recommended by Adobe as the PostScript output by Acrobat (and other Adobe applications) is optimized for printing, not for production of PDF. Furthermore, you lose any live transparency, color management, tagging, etc. that might be in the original PDF file. <br /><br />Of course, we are talking about PowerPoint here... <g>

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 7:01 AM   in reply to (Barb_Holowack)

OK.... I only just saw this post today, so I'm over a year late in leaving a response.  But just in case others look at this for help in resolving their own similiar issue, I had to provide the correct solution!  This has NOTHING to do with Adobe Acrobat AND you don't need to acquire any extra or special software. What you want is very doable and very easy.  Keep in mind that creating pdf files are like creating "print" files.  So, whatever your print copy will look like, that's what your pdf will be produced of.  In PowerPoint with your presentation open, go to Print Preview.  From the top menu, change the Print What drop-down to "Handouts (4 slides per page)".  You may also want to check your view % to ensure it's on 100% and the Options to be sure you're saving out in color.  Now just click Print, and select your pdf distiller/driver. Bingo....done! You should now have a 15 page, 4 slides per page pdf version of the presentation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)