Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Auto Fill "Feature" in LiveCycle forms

Nov 4, 2008 10:27 AM

I am using LiveCycle Designer 8.0.5 to create dynamic forms to be used with Acrobat 8.

When filling out the form, Acrobat "remembers" previous values and displays them or displays a "dropdown" of choices. This can sometimes be confusing or interfere with the user's data entry, especially, since the tab key is both the select choice key and next field key.

How do I turn off this feature? I tried setting the form's noautocomplete property to true in a Javascript, but it doesn't work.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 10:31 AM   in reply to (Chris_Searl)
    Save it as a Dynamic XML form instead of Static. You won't get the autocomplete dropdowns on a Dynamic form.

Just be advised that the Doc object properties that affect form fields (like noautocomplete) are designed to work with AcroForms and not XFA forms, so they may not always have the effect you desire when trying to use them in conjunction with XFA.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2009 12:29 PM   in reply to (Chris_Searl)
    Chris did this work for you? I just tried it and it did not work for me. If you figured it out could you pass it on. I have been trying for days to figure this out and cannot. I have tables and only every other column gives me a choice the others accept the entry no problem.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)