Skip navigation

Fonts bundled with Creative Suite 2 (and individual CS2 products)

Apr 22, 2005 8:06 PM

Latest reply: Caspar Shelley, Jul 15, 2009 6:06 AM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2005 3:29 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Version numbers of the fonts?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2005 3:54 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    With "silent" updates happening behind the scenes, I think that would be an excellent idea. The whole issue of which version of the Fractions logic is support by which release of a font is turning out to be pivotal in many workflows.

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2005 6:34 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Understood. I just wanted to be sure that is what was meant.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2005 9:05 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Thomas,

I don't if this applies to CS2, but the Warnock font family was easily copied directly from the install disks of CS1/XP. Warnock fonts are located in the folder: Adobe Creative Suite/Fonts (on the Installer 1 CD). If Bickham Script (and Warnock) are treated similarly in CS2, that would alleviate re-install woes.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2005 9:47 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Thomas,

thank you for your list.
    I bought Adobe Creative Suite Premium CS2 at once especially because of the announced Adobe Garamond Premier Pro.
    I carefully did what was described to get the reg.fulfillment/incentive. Then I received the screen that everything worked well and I soon would get an e-Mail with information how to get the incentive.
    But no e-Mail came :-((
    Now I wait since 14 days (I registered 8./9. June).
    I already contacted customer support but it seems that there nothing goes further. I'm very disappointed.
    I have waited for a long time for this font.
    Is Garamond Premier Pro not yet ready?
    Or did I miss something?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2005 7:06 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Herb,

Yikes. It is clear from this discussion that Adobe font installations don't behave as advertised and are confusing people. I hope Adobe management take note.

Thomas,

Thank you for your troubleshooting analysis of font installations.

There are 179 otf files in my "Common Files/Adobe/fonts" folder. I didn't delete anything before or after the CS2 Prem. upgrade. Right now it doesn't seem worth the risk to uninstall and reinstall in the hope of getting the missing Bickham font when I still don't know why it didn't install the first time. I also don't know if others are missing.

Is it worth contacting Support again?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2005 8:29 PM   in reply to Michael Thall
    There's more. If you install the full version of Reader Version 7, four
    flavours each of Minion Pro, Myriad Pro, and Courier Std open type editions get
    installed into the application's /Resources/Font/ sub-directory.

Illustrator 10 adds AdobeInvisFont to its own /Support Files/Required/Fonts
    subdirectory.

I'm sure there are more. Certainly with the older, less "integrated" programs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2005 9:32 PM   in reply to (Herb_V_B)
    Just to follow up - Please note that I'm NOT COMPLAINING about getting those two
    wonderful PRO open type fonts at absolutely no cost!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2005 8:22 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Michael:

You are not alone!

I registered my CS2 Premium Suite on 29th April and STILL have not received my Registration Incentive Adobe Garamond Premier Pro.

Apparently, I (and a number of other people) registered before Adobe had got their computers correctly programmed to handle the incentives program.

Numerous calls to Customer Support over the last two months have only elicited the response that the problem has been reported to Adobe and that Customer Service is awaiting their response.

Two months and Adobe HQ haven't yet got around to fixing a contractual obligation?!

Perhaps Thomas can put a bomb under either Customer Service and/or Adobe Systems Inc. to get some action here?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2005 12:10 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Ann:

Thank you. Good to hear that I'm not alone.
    Indeed I ordered CS2 (german) before it was released and immediately registered (on June 8th).

"Numerous calls to customer support ..." - exactly.
    Additional I wrote some emails to them. Then I tried technical support.
    Then someone from the support called me and asked me how I registered, which browser I used (while the browser isn't involved!) and what OS.
    Reply! Maybe something happens! But that was some days ago (June 23th).
    Then an email came, saying (I translate from german to english) "we haven't forgot you. our highest department is busy with your case".
    I hope they won't need another 2 months.

some action - some marvellous Premier fonts - please!!! they were promised!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2005 4:26 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Thomas:

Thank you so much for getting some action on this matter.

I understand from Customer Service that they have quite a list of people who have registered the CS2 Suite on-line but who never received the follow-up e-mail.

I am fairly sure that my name is on their list but, just to make sure, I am sending it, and my e-mail address, to you as well.

[ I have your e-mail address but others may need to know where they should send their information. ]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2005 8:36 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    >Please don't bombard me with random other questions, though.

As Thomas comes here, generously, on his own time, please respect his wishes and keep all other type or software issues within the Forums. Or contact Adobe customer service or tech support through the regular channels.

Thanks.

Neil
    Forum Host

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2005 1:55 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    I have got my mail - and the incentive Garamond Premier Pro!
    Thank you very much, Thomas, for your generosity giving your time!

Thank you!

Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2005 8:42 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    So, I got the Creative Suite Premium 2 upgrade and registered but I never got any information about receiving the garamond premiere pro font. How do I get it?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2005 9:30 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Stuart,

As I recall, the premiums are on the page(s) where you register the software. If no luck, then call customer service.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2005 4:39 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Thanks Neil. After speaking with a completely rude and clueless support person, I wound up reinstalling the Creative Suite, which takes a very long time by the way since it insisted on uninstalling the Suite first, and re-registering. What I don't get out of all this is why does it matter if one registers through the app itself or online at a later time? Is Adobe collecting information during the install process that they can't collect through the web?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2005 4:50 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Stuart,<br /><br />Sorry you wound up with the hassle. Oh, boy, do I know how long it takes to install the suite, and then do the updates!<br /><br />You should always get the name of the support person and request to speak with a supervisor. There is absolutely no call for rudeness under the circumstances.<br /><br />I don't know what, if any info, is collected via registering online. But that's the route I generally take with my software, and I haven't found anything in my life changed as a result. <vbg><br /><br />Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2005 7:55 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Neil,

He wasn't overly rude but his tone could have been better. he seemed to take offense when I questioned the logic behind the two seperate registration databases and not being able to more easily remedy a situation where my software was clearly registered, just not through the proper route to get the typeface. He did bump the issue up to his supervisor because he couldn't add me to the incentive database they apparently keep seperate from the normal registrations. Why, I don't know, but I don't care anymore because I got the font without too much trouble.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2005 8:51 AM   in reply to (Stuart_McCoy)
    FWIW, no information is collected by Adobe during the installation process for registration purposes other than the serial number.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2005 5:16 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Thanks, Dov.

Much relieved by your response! As I wrote, I never had any reason to believe otherwise.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2005 5:40 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    >Ideally, I would want control over the installation of any new fonts (which, when and where), rather than have an application installer make the decision (rightly or wrongly) for me. From your description, I see a possibility of fonts being installed twice, causing font conflicts, if you should move your fonts to some location other than the default installation.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've noticed that with two computers on which I've installed CS2 (Mac) Bickham Script is recognised by PS, AI & ID, but not by FontBook, which is annoying. Apparently, the font is installed in an Adobe folder, not the system folder.

Strangely enough, Warnock Pro, which was presumably installed at the same time, is present and correct in FontBook.

Really, I would like the opportunity to install fonts separately, or at least stipulate where the installer puts them.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2005 6:12 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    You do have the opportunity to install fonts separately. Just move out all the fonts out of the Adobe common files folder and install them (or not) where you want. Is it really such a hassle for people to move fonts out of one specified folder?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2005 1:01 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    >Is it really such a hassle for people to move fonts out of one specified folder?

Is it really such a hassle for the installer to install fonts in the system font folder, or to give an option to choose?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2005 5:26 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    I doubt it's a major hassle for the installer to install fonts in the system folder but it would be a major hassle for many users, especially if they have other fonts there with the same name. As for giving you the choice, I don't really see much of a difference between sitting there going through the fonts in an install screen or going through them in the common fonts folder after the install. Either way, you get to choose which stay on your system.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2005 5:48 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    I may be being naive, but I would assume that a font in the system fonts folder with the same name is the same font, so wouldn't be installed again.

Frankly, I didn't realise there was an Adobe fonts folder until I searched after coming across this thread. I wonder how many other users are in the same position? (BTW, I am quite tech savvy, lest you think I missed this because I'm a numnut)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2005 10:17 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Nigel,

Identically named fonts can be installed multiple times, particularly if different installed locations are used. Then you have the potential for font conflicts.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2006 3:59 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Thomas,
    I really appreciate the list, especially since OSX is not capable of printing the contents of a folder in list view.
    In OS9, if I wanted a quik Excel spreadsheet of my font folder's contents, I could just open the folder, select all, copy and paste into Excel. The result would be the listed contents in Excel, with a little cell shuffling a nice sortable list could be created.
    I haven't figured out how to do this in X yet.

Thanks again,
    Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2006 12:21 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    Peter,
    There's a shareware program called Print Window that lets me do just that in OSX. You might want to look it up. It's a Searchware Solutions product, I don't have the web address.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2007 6:19 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    I would like to clean up my fonts? What fonts are required in CS2

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2007 9:34 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    greet,

As far as I know, only your basic system fonts.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2007 10:04 AM   in reply to (greet_franckaert)
    There's an Adobe/Fonts folder created when you install the suite. Within
    that folder is another subfolder that contains the required fonts...DO
    NOT DELETE OR MOVE them.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2007 12:25 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    On the Mac (Library --> Application Support --> Adobe --> Fonts --> Reqrd --> Base)

The only fonts I have in my Reqrd folder are the four members of the Myriad (PostScript Type 1) family. These are not to be confused with the optional OpenType versions.

AFAIK, the only other fonts you need are the basic fonts required by your operating system.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2007 7:14 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    ghj

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2007 8:43 AM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    ghj

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2007 9:06 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    What fonts are required in CS2 .

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2007 2:35 PM   in reply to Thomas Phinney
    I'm a newbie to CS2 Illustrator and I need to install IT Franklin Gothic Demi. If it doesn't automatically come with my CS2 Illustrator, what do I do?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2007 2:55 PM   in reply to (lazy_jane)
    ...what do I do?

If you're on a PC and have ANY of the following Microsoft products, a
    truetype version is included with:

Access 97 SR2, Office 2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition
    SR2, Office 97 SR1a, Office Professional Edition 2003, PhotoDraw 2000,
    Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002, Picture It! 98, Publisher 2000,
    Publisher 97, Publisher 98, Works 2002

Otherwise, you can always buy it.

It's available from Adobe and just about every other major font vendor.

By the way, that's ITC Franklin Gothic (not IT)

- Herb

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)