Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Text BOX TOOL BAR-PROPERTIES

Aug 14, 2008 8:05 AM

Acrobat Professional 8.1.2 Mac G5 MAC OS 10.4.11
I would like to change text attributes(size, color, font) in text boxes. The tool bar for this seems to
appear and disappear at random in documents. I can change text box "properties" ie. background color, border color/size but this is not what I am referring to. There is a standard text attribute tool bar but I can't get it to appear reliably.

The previous answer to a similar inquiry on this subject July 29, 2008 did not address the question.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2008 11:52 PM   in reply to (WILLIAM_FRASER)
    I have been having the same difficulty with Acrobat 9.0.0 Macbook Pro Mac OS X 10.5.4.

I was working in a single document with text boxes and I was able to change the properties of the fonts, then all of a sudden Acrobat stopped making the properties toolbar active when I selected text in a text box.

Is there a solution to this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2008 6:28 AM   in reply to (RobClark)
    I just re-researched this for myself last night. Have the textbox
    available and select some text. Command E will allow you to bring up the
    format text toolbar. Change it how you like and then make these
    properties the default.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2008 3:16 PM   in reply to (WILLIAM_FRASER)
    I agree, William. I have the same problem. My temporary workaround when I have to get the work done is to have a blank .pdf file with a pre-formatted text box in it, which I copy and paste into the document where I need to put the text box. Of course, this is not the most efficient way, and it doesn't give me the formatting flexibility I need from the text box properties, but it works in a pinch.

Still waiting for anyone who has an answer to the base problem: intermittent text box properties grey out.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2009 6:18 AM   in reply to (WILLIAM_FRASER)

I've seen a workaround for this problem on the internet, but can't find it again. The problem has something to do with the current pdf not having embedded fonts-- whatever that means. It's an inherent flaw in the Acrobat software that Adobe needs to fix. But the workaround involved closing the document and then opening it again in a particular fashion.

But now that I've pointed us in the right direction, maybe someone more knowledgeable can provide a solution.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)