Running Adobe Acrobat 8.12 Professional. Whenever I attempt to use the text edit tools or the redact tools, I receive an error message stating that "There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit." The only posts I've seen on this issue involve the program 'Pitstop," which is is not on my computer. I've uninstalled, repaired permissions, and re-installed, with no success. It's running on a 15" MacBookPro running Leopard. Thank you.
I get this error message when I try to scan duplex with my Epson V500 scanner with an ADF. After it scans the back sides it either displays this message and quits or crashes with the option to send an error report to Apple. I'm running Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Mac OS 10.4.11 on an Intel MacBook Pro using the Epson Scan.app driver version 3.27A.
Another anomaly with this configuration is that after the first scan using Epson Scan double clicking on a PDF file no longer opens the file. The OS will go to Acrobat but the files will no longer open. Closing Acrobat and opening it again will fix that problem.
Tony, thanks for your input but that can't be my problem since I don't use Safari. I use Firefox exclusively. Your post does bring up an interesting point, though. I'll reboot and start up only Acrobat and Epson Scan to see if it works. If it does then I can open up one program at a time and keep trying to see which app breaks it. Thanks for kicking up the cobwebs! Joel
I believe that I may have solved the problem. I uninstalled Acrobat, including trashing every folder that had anything to do with Acrobat. That required a search in Spotlight, which revealed a number of files in the library and in the applications folders. After trashing all of that, I re-built the permissions, and then re-booted. It worked, and I have not had the problem since. I'm convinced that the problem was within one of those folders. Good luck.
It's a cache issue, or at least thats my guess after months of searching for an answer. Acrobat caches everything you do, and at some point those caches become corrupt giving that error. Restarting Acrobat only takes a few seconds and that clears those caches.
Well, since it was suggested that a re-boot will fix this I tried it again. It works fine with one sheet (two sides), but with multiple sheets it still gives me the error. As it is, I reboot once a week, repair permissions about once a month, etc. I also tried it without any other apps running after a reboot and that didn't make a difference, either.
I finally decided to uninstall Acrobat and re-install it and that fixed it. What a pain... Oh well. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. At least it works now. Joel