I've been fighting this problem repeatedly for the last several months but it keeps coming back! Arghh!!
Previously, I solved it by creating a subfolder under plug_ins called "Accessibility DELETE" where I moved the three Accessibility plug-in files. Then, sometime after installing CS5 the problem came back again. Not right away but several weeks later, probably due to an update of Acrobat. When I looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\plug_ins I found another copy of Accessibility.api. So, I moved it yet again to my Accessibility DELETE folder but the problem persisted even after I made sure Magnifier wouldn't start and then rebooting.
I finally solved it this time by deleting my Accessibility DELETE subfolder entirely. Apparently, in CS5 Acrobat looks in the subfolders of plug_ins for its plugins.
This is really annoying. I wish Adobe would make it easier to turn this noise off!
Hello Adobe, does anybody actually read these forums?
I've been a testing your version nine product for deployment within our company, and find this known problem still hanging around two years down the road.
Look it's real simple: Just because a user utilizes voice recognition doesn't mean they're blind. It would be so bloody simple for you guys to provide a radio button to simply disable assistive technology and get rid of the screen reader nag dialog.
Why don't you just do it?
BW Nichols PE
[signature deleted by host]
For Acrobat X, at least, you can disable accessibility features by searching your programs files for Adobe->-Acrobat 10.0 -> plugins -.ReadOutLoud.api, and Adobe->-Acrobat 10.0 -> plugins -MakeAccessible.api. Rename the api's OLDReadOutloud.api and OLDMakeAccessible.api. Fixed the problem for me. It may work for older versions of Acrobat as well.
This issue started happening to me when I installed an old Wacom Intuos 3, then installed all the drivers. I'm not sure if they are
I haven't figured out how to turn off the settings, but I did learn that one way stop it from *automatically* happening (if you set it to do the tagging by default, like I accidentally did), you go to Edit > Preferences > General > Reset All Warnings.
I'm still working on how to get the popup from not happening without having to disable a plugin.
I tried Raymond's suggestion for Reader X. I tried Raymond's hint using Acrobat 10 There is only
one file with that name and the .API extension. I moved it to a new folder on the C:
\ drive. So far, no problems. I am also using Dragon Naturally Speaking v.11