Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

scan failed message kodak i40 acrobat 8.0

Apr 26, 2008 8:01 AM

Ive just purchased Acrobat 8.0. I was using acrobat 5.0 with a Kodak i40 scanner. Scanning directly into acrobat with 5.0 was no problem.

Since uninstalling 5.0 and installeing 8.0 (and rebooting in between), acrobat gives me a scan failed error message, without any details or links.

Kodak supplies a test scan validation program and that works fine, the scans are successful within that program.

Ive downloaded the latest drivers for the scanner, both software and firmware and successfully installed. Ive done a repair reinstall of Acrobat 8.0. None of the steps has had an affect. Kodak tells me its an acrobat problem because the scanner is working fine with the validation tool that they supply.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

roxylee

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2008 9:57 AM   in reply to (roxylee113)
    The twain driver is for some reason not compatible with Acrobat 8. I
    recommend first upgrading 8 to 8.1.2 and see if things are better. If
    not, use the scanning software that comes with the scanner to scan to
    TIFF and then import the TIFFs.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2008 9:11 PM   in reply to (roxylee113)
    I have also same problem but, I have kodak i150 and adobe acrobate 8 standard version. it works with one other program like above friend say's but don't work on adobe acrobate. why (erorr: scanned failed)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2008 7:46 AM   in reply to (Tulasi_Shrestha)
    You both are having problems with the kodak i40. It is a kodak problem.
    Acrobat does not provide scanning software. If you have an appropriate
    twain driver, then will activate the twain driver, the driver will scan
    and send the information to Acrobat.

If you cannot get the twain driver to work for you. Scan with the Kodak
    scanning software. Save the scans as tiffs and import them into Acrobat.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2008 10:40 AM   in reply to (roxylee113)
    The Kodak i40 was QA'd for Acrobat 8 -- do you have all the latest updates? Have you tried the suggestions in the Troubleshooting scanner issues (Acrobat 8 on Windows) at:http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=325262&s liceId=2

One suggestion you might try first is to create a new user account since you've successfully scanned into Acrobat before. Your user account may have since been corrupted, causing problems when you scan. Create a new user account with administrative privileges, and then log into Windows using the new account.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)