Hopefully, the following solution works for you guys.
1. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat8.0\Acrobat\, repeat the procedure suggested by.
Outcome: the problem is still there.
2. In the folder, move subfolders "plug_ins3d" and "plug_ins" somewhere. In my case, I moved them to Desktop. (I didn't delete them, in case they will be needed in the future).
Outcome: the problem's gone. You can run Acrobat without any problem.
3. Disable the option that is done in step 1.
Outcome: no problem. You can still run Acrobat without any problem.
1. reinstallation might not be necessary, nor is enabling the option in step 1.
2. This problem should be caused by some misfunctioning plug-ins, as suggested in the past posts.
3. Make sure you have Admin rights to manipulate the folders "plug_ins3d" and "plug_ins". If they are not allowed to move, restart your computer and run Vista in safe mode (I never tried this, but it should work).