Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat 9 pro won't recognize my scanner

Nov 29, 2008 2:42 PM

I just installed acrobat 9, I had been using version 8. Now when I go to create a file from scanner, it says "chosen unit is not supported".

I'm using a Dell 3115cn, so I can't believe that its some kind of exotic driver that Acrobat doesn't support. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2008 4:22 PM   in reply to (Preston_Hamilton)
    Acrobat generally accesses scanners through the Twain driver. As long as you did not change that aspect, I would think that AA9 should be able to see it.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2008 6:23 PM   in reply to (Preston_Hamilton)
    Seems strange. For those that might be able to help, please provide info you your OS and scanner. The machine is usually not as critical as the software that you did not indicate. I don't have a solution, but some of the others may have with the added info. Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2008 12:07 PM   in reply to (Preston_Hamilton)
    Does that mean that the scanner works with VISTA? It sounds like you have upgraded and if that is the case, it could be the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2008 10:58 PM   in reply to (Preston_Hamilton)
    That should clarify the issue for those that know scanners better than I. Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2009 4:28 PM   in reply to (Preston_Hamilton)
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 was recently installed on new Vista 64bit computer and functions with all programs and even prints to my Dell 1600n printer, but when I try to scan from the printer, it causes this error message and shuts Acrobat down:

"ADOBE ACROBAT HAS STOPED WORKING A Problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have lived with this since I bought the computer a month ago. Still no solution from Adobe and no response to an email that I sent to adobe support.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2009 2:32 PM   in reply to (Preston_Hamilton)
    When attempting to use the create pdf from scanner not only does Adobe shut down, but the printer is given a command to print hundreds of lines of weird code of numbers hearts circles diamonds and clubs.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2009 9:55 AM   in reply to (Preston_Hamilton)

I just purchased HP Pavillion laptop running Vista :-( 64-bit.  Acrobat 7 wasn't supported so I just bought Acrobat 9 and receive message EITHER SCANNER DRIVER IS NOT INSTALLED OR SCANNER IS NOT CONNECTED for my HP Officejet 7410.  Worked fine on my Toshiba laptop running XP and Acrobat 7.  Printer works in all applications and still scans for the Toshiba just fine.  Any suggestions from Adobe or anyone else.

I've powered both PC and Printer off and on to try to make them recognize each other.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)