Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Reduce File Size

Jan 5, 2009 6:41 PM

After editing the text on a PDF using Illustrator, the file size balloons, so then I open it in Acrobat, select document then reduce file size. Then I get an error which says: "You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this task. Please change the security settings from the Document Properties dialog and retry."

If I go to the Security tab in the files properties I have "Everyone" set to full control. I should be able to edit it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2009 7:22 PM   in reply to lfirth
    Why not just print to a new PDF from Illustrator?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 9:04 AM   in reply to lfirth
    Why not try Save As and see if that helps?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 12:44 PM   in reply to lfirth
    >it doesn't make any difference

You get the error message when you try and print to the PDF printer or do you mean the file size doesn't go down or both?

If you're just referring to the file size, what settings are you using with the PDF printer?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2009 5:26 AM   in reply to lfirth
    Similar problem:
    Scanned and OCRd document with A8. Take to A9 and it will not reduce file size gives -- Sufficient permissions call out.
    File, Properties, Security "Security Method" permissions area is grayed out saying No Security. All Document Restrictions Summary say "Allowed".
    Tried running as Windows User and Administrator. Same results, just get "You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this task. Please change the security settings from the Document Properties dialog and retry. OK"

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2009 7:17 AM   in reply to lfirth
    it would be helpful if either of you with the issue can post a sample file on Acrobat.com or whichever filehosting service you prefer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2009 9:22 AM   in reply to lfirth
    Would like to post a file.
    Never done this before
    How / Where on Acrobat.com?
    Lew

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...