Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat Distiller

Jan 3, 2008 12:55 PM

i use distiller now and then, and usually when printing with it, i am ask where i want to save it. but yesterday and today, it just puts the new pdf doc on my desktop and for the life of me, i cannot figure out how to get it to ask me again. i've looked through all of the sttings by right clicking on the distiller printer, etc.

any help would be nice

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2008 10:26 PM   in reply to (Jimmy_Fleming)
    If you are using Distiller directly, it is on the preference on the FILE menu. If you mean the Acrobat Distiller printer (the printer name prior to AA6) then it is on the settings tab - I think. I might be wrong about it for AA5. If you respond, please let us know your version and OS. You did not provide enough information. Also, are you printing or using Distiller directly.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2008 8:49 AM   in reply to (Jimmy_Fleming)

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2008 7:31 PM   in reply to (Jimmy_Fleming)
    Gentlemen,
    I have been using Acrobat 5 Distiller for my ACAD drawings and really like it, but when I upgrade to Vista OS, Distiller does not respond any more.
    Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2008 4:50 AM   in reply to (Jimmy_Fleming)
    I have Acrobat Distiller 6.0. Others have 7.0. We have a postscript file that is 4.3 Gig. When distiller tries to convert that to a pdf, if fails. If we reduce the file size, then it works.
    There appears to be a limit as to the size of file Distiller will convert. Is there a way to increast that?
    I've already been kicked out of two forums, Acrobat.com and Acrobat Distiller. The acrobat distiller guy sent me to Acrobat windows. This is getting old and I need an answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2008 5:40 AM   in reply to (Jimmy_Fleming)
    No limit as such going into distiller, coming out there will be a 2gb limit on the resulting pdf file.

Also if you get an error log post it here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2008 6:50 AM   in reply to (Jimmy_Fleming)
    Ok, thanks. Is there a way to increase the 2gb limit?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)