Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat Pro V8.1.2 "Invalid Page Range" Error - Rotate Pages

Apr 9, 2008 11:35 AM

Hi,

I have Adobe Acrobat Professional version 8.1.2. For the last couple of weeks every time I try to rotate a page in any direction I get the following error:

"Invalid Page Range" (OK)

I have tried every combination of options for amount of rotation and page range (all, selected, specify). No matter what I do I get the same message. I have tried this on several different documents both encrypted and unencrypted.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2008 2:35 AM   in reply to (William_L_Burke)
    This is an indication the document is damaged.
    Try using the pdf optimizer. Under the cleanup section, remove the tick for 'optimize for fast webview'.
    Save a new copy and try rotating in there (via the document>rotate menu)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2008 4:47 AM   in reply to (William_L_Burke)
    I doubt re-installing Acrobat will have an effect, just to be sure, create a new pdf from a new word document and see if you can re-create the issue with that.

For existing documents, try moving a page you want to rotate, after the last page in the document. Then try rotating again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2008 11:47 AM   in reply to (William_L_Burke)
    Simon,
    thank you for the last post. I have a client with the exact same issue. They have stumbled upon the same trick you note. This really isn't a long term fix though. Is tere a patch or setting that can be done to resolve this?
    Thanks
    Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2008 3:13 PM   in reply to (William_L_Burke)
    this was a real *** kicker!

Even though I had the "all radio button selected", the drop down needed to be set to odd and even.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2012 5:24 PM   in reply to (William_L_Burke)

I know this is nearly 4 years late, and I realise this may not have been the cause with the original post, but for the sake of covering this issue for anyone who searches and lands on this page:  The most common cause for receiving this "invalid page range" error when attempting to rotate pages is becaue the option for "Even and Odd Pages," "Even Pages Only," or "Odd Pages Only" drop-down choices are inconsistent with the selection.  For example, if you're trying to rotate just page 1, but the selection "Even Pages Only" is slected, then you will receive this error.  You will find this option in the options window that appears when you click the Rotate command.

Just my two cents after trying to remedy this over and over with users.

Cheers!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)