• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS4 and Web Gallery upload - blank page issue

Dec 30, 2008 Dec 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

you guys have any clue what is wrong here..

I created a web gallery using Bridge CS4 but the uploaded files came out blank. When I use Bridge CS3 to create and upload my web gallery it is okay.

When I view the HTML file locally, it loads fine. it is only when I upload the file to the server that creates this blank page issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem... I long for the old web galleries of photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution of this problem is very easy, first don't use any FTP software just because while uploading  files the FTP software encode files which might not be compatible with Web Server, the simple solution is to use a Web Designing software which has the capabilities and most of them do have to upload the website files to the server (for example Dreamweaver, Golive etc.) This should solve your problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many users do, Alysa. Add your voice to those that have submitted a feature request:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba45ab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem since switching to CS4. Using Fetch to upload a flash gallery- when viewing it locally, it looks fine, but after upload and accessing it on line, only a shell of the gallery is visible. Just completed an upload of same gallery direct through Bridge, and it works fine. Looks like something in the gallery production has reference to specific folder structure (i.e. your hd/subfolder/gallery), which doesn't translate when copying site folder with an FTP program. Making the gallery and transferring it all through Bridge seems to eliminate that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make the Gallery in Bridge; and Save it from Bridge into a designated named folder on your HD; and then Upload that folder and its complete contents to your Site (without changing the names of anything); it should work.

It certainly does for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution of this problem is very easy, first don't use any FTP software just because while uploading  files the FTP software encode files which might not be compatible with Web Server, the simple solution is to use a Web Designing software which has the capabilities and most of them do have to upload the website files to the server (for example Dreamweaver, Golive etc.) This should solve your problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2010 Feb 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but still not able to make these files work on  the seperate pages I have created inside my site.

I am using these for client portfolios etc on their sites.. do not want this to show up in index and can't get nav bars to go in either???? I want to add this with nav bars to an existing site- not an easy task.

Got it to show up by using home page nav to click direct to gallery BUT can't nav to anything when on this page?

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2010 Feb 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at my site: http://www.chamoismoon.com On the Index page,

under "Last Update:" near the bottom are initials. These are client

portfolios. In Dreamweaver, I linked these initials to the Index of

the slide shows in the appropriate folders in the Assets file. Then

I chose to have them open in Blank pages since they are not part of

the main site.

It is also possible to upload to your site without a visible link.

Upload the slide show and then send the link to the client. For

instance: http://www.chamoismoon.com/Pope/Pope/index.html

Don't create a page on your site to upload to. The pages were

already created in the Bridge then saved to a specific folder in your

site folder.

Robert Campbell Photography / Chamois Moon

707 996 8338 main

707 953 2753 cell

http://www.chamoismoon.com

http://www.robertcampbellphotography.com

gbaerial@sbcglobal.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ann,

but that's exactly what I did and it doesn't work (using Fetch to upload). Is there a number to call for customer support on this?

Also, I tried to upload via Bridge, but my file folder was nowhere to be found!!

Alysa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Is there a number to call for customer support on this?

Click on the Contact button at the top of this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alysa:

Do you have GoLive?

I use the Site Management tools in that to open my site on my ISP's Server and then I just Drag-Copy the complete Gallery folder across.

Your problem may be related to the protocols used by your ISP.

Do they provide tools for you to use to manage your Site? (Like iPower, for example, does.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem: Mac OS 10.5.6; PS CS4 11.0.1.
Fixed now. Is it the update? Don't know, but I do not use Fetch.

Using only the Bridge upload. Takes longer, so I leave the room - It now works: http://wilddave.com/bayne/wood2009/
Didn't work here: http://wilddave.com/bayne/adobe%20samples%201/
Same show - files are the same size, but I didn't examine the code.

Conclusion: Maybe fixed in PS 11.0.1; maybe fixed by using only Bridge upload. Both my hosting company (ipower.com) and Adobe looked at earlier versions - both pointed to each other -ha!

Also, I reinstalled CS3 web galleries. Not that hard to do and still good to have, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Mac OX 10.5.6, CS4 11.01 and Fetch 5.3.1. First I called Adobe and they said it was the "hidden" files that Mac OS X creates, for example .DS and _DS. Adobe said that when you called the index.html file with your browser, these files pop first because they have the . and _ character first (dot and underscore). Also said that since the site was hosted in a Windows based server andSo, being a Mac Geek, I open in the Mac Terminal>_ the option to see the hidden files in the Mac in every folder where the web galleries were being created. Not a single hidden file. So I called Godaddy (hosting my site) and told them what was going on.  They switched (for Free) the hosting from a Windows based server to a Linux (Unix) based server and nothing. Then I just tried using Bridge upload option and it does works. I will post any other details of my research. Thanks for illustrating the rest of us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a permissions issue. You should be able to use Fetch (I use Transmit but I assume most ftp apps have this feature) to set the permissions for all of the files to 755 or rwxr-xr-x. In Transmit there is the option to "Apply to enclosed items..." so you can simply select a folder and apply it to everything inside of it instead of doing the files one by one. Once you have done this your gallery will work remotely. Bridge evidently sets these permissions differently based on whether you are saving them locally or uploading them from the application. You don't have to edit any of the files it creates, only the permissions for those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg I have the same problems.

FTP upload -- works fine on computer but doesn't work on website
Upload from Bridge - no files can be found.

I set permissions as you suggested - made no difference.
Computer and software brand new.
Can one receive any tech support for a problem like this?

imac OS 10.5.6
PS 11.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i uploaded a saved gallery using fetch and it works fine

i had bridge upload directly and it didnt work

i then checked the permissions on both galleries on my server and each file or folder had identical permissions some 755 and others 644 so why would one be viewable and the other not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I managed to solved my problem.

The issue has something to do with the type of server that your web host is using.  My server, unfortunately, uses some type of UNIX server which is not compatible with the Web Gallery upload feature of this Bridge CS4.

So you may want to verify this information first with your web host and see if that will be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as everyone else.

I have tried changing the permissions which made no difference.

tried to load from Bridge to the server which also did nothing.

And have tried using fetch to load the directory unachanged as it

is made from bridge to my desktop.

I am on an Apache/Linux server

Adobe seems to offer little if any help with this issue

They should have left well enough alone rather than releasing a

program upgrade that obviously does not work correctly.

If anyone has figured this out I would love to hear what they

had to do

Its a shame that Adobe seems to care less about this issue

as it is a major flaw with the program, customer support seems to

be non-exsistent with this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a permissions Issue for me too. For some reason CS4 Bridge seems to give directories a permission of 755 (correct for me) and the individual files in all directories a permissions value of 660 (wrong for me! I need 644). So, in my FTP app CyberDuck, I changed all the individual files permissions to 644 after I uploaded. My host is bluehost.com.

-N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue and have not been able to make a functioning website using bridge.

Adobe has been unable to help me with this problem. They told me it was from my server.

Has anyone ever been able to make a website using bridge?

Here is my test site:

http://www.erinpatriceobrien.com/preview/maya/

This is what my server responded to me when I approached them with the issue.

the path to the xml file is not correct.  so im thinking they missed a
step on the setup.  or something got moved.  who knows.

i downloaded the whole thing locally to test and it wont work on my
system either.   again there is an xml file that references the images
that is not being loaded by the index.html page.

...which is located here:
http://erinpatriceobrien.com/preview/maya/resources/group.xml

and working fine.

the images are accessible too:
http://erinpatriceobrien.com/preview/maya/resources/images/large/TANGO_023.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have been able to make a functioning webpage with Bridge / Photoshop

CS4, on my Mac. I used the 'flash web page' gallery style and suggest that

you do that too to see if it helps you. Also, change your permissions on

all files to 755 and directories to 644 before you try testing. Are you on

Mac or PC?

-N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a G5 with OS 10.5.7

How do I change the permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do it after I upload the site to my server. (I use CuteFTP for upload).

Right click the folder you want to change perms on and then select the Get

Info... (or equivalent command) and then change permissions - include the

recursive command checkbox. I change everything to 755 and then go back

and change the subdirectories themselves (not their contents) to 644. Or

you could do it through the finder. This widget may help

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/networking_security/unixpermissionswidget.html

-N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where you change the permissions. Can you do it in fetch?

I just spent another 2 hours with adobe on the phone with this issue and they keep saying its permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines