Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

30D Camera Tips?

Feb 14, 2008 6:26 AM

Not sure if i'm in the right forum. Whilst i'm not gunna blame equipment. There must be something I'm doing wrong.

I'm taking shots with a Canon 30d and a USM 2 28-105m 1-3.5-4.5

Shots seem a little blurred even with a tripod, shutter release and at the smallest apputure I can get.

I know this all depends on this(bla)or that (bla) factors.

But this is regular landscapes a little blurred and also close ups (in General)

Is it me? Or can I only get so far with this lens? Or Both?

I'm also having a bit of a hard time with the 6 or is it 9 point focus.You know the little red things in the middle of the viewfinder. Should I leave this on all points? Select specific points?

Also want to get into product photography. Anything to Reccommend?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2008 7:19 AM   in reply to (Ottz0)
    "smallest apputure [sp] I can get..."

Read up on diffraction limits...

|
    Mark as:
  • John_Cornicello_home
    787 posts
    Mar 31, 2003
    Feb 14, 2008 9:11 AM   in reply to (Ottz0)
    You might want to bring this up over in the Photography forum at http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bb41392/

But, as Thomas notes, small apertures will degrade your image. It could also be the lens. Do you have access to another similar focal length range lens to test with?

|
    Mark as:
  • John_Cornicello_home
    787 posts
    Mar 31, 2003
    Feb 15, 2008 9:50 AM   in reply to (Ottz0)
    Sometimes you want the trade-off between greater depth of field and the abberations you get from stopping too far down. Each lens has an optimum aperture, usually around the middle of the scale. Wide open the lens suffers some abberations. Stopped down it suffers from others. At least we have choices instead of just one aperture setting (which is what you get on "mirror" lenses).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)