Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 Mac system requirements

Nov 15, 2008 8:32 AM

I have two conflicting answers and I need the right one.

The CS4 Master Collection, system requirements say Multicore Intel Processors

Will it run on a G5 Dual Core with a PPC processor or will it run ONLY on a Dual or Quad Core (MAC PRO)

plz advize

rdeter

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2008 8:43 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    Most of it will run on a G5 a few of the apps are intel only.

Photoshop, ID, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Acrobat will all run on the G5. I'm sure someone will be along to tell you which apps are Intel only.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 9:02 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    Didn't read post one carefully did you?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 10:17 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    dag,

It's easy enough to check the minimum system specs at Adobe.com for each product or suite.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 12:25 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    they don't rewrite apps just to put them in the Master Collection.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 2:45 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    You need an Intel Mac to run those programs that require it, the rest
    should install and run just fine. Make sure you deselect them before
    installing.

IIRC, they will try to install.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 3:03 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    Sorry you are so uppity as well as dense. I answered your question in post one I don't know how much clearer I can get. If you can't figure it out after reading post one then you shouldn't be using the software.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 8:24 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    dag,

What is so difficult about simply checking the system specs from Adobe.com? For any of us to answer the question, we'd pretty much be doing the same.

===

Bob,

On pre-intel systems, the installer simply does not install Intel-only apps in the Suites. It's pretty foolproof.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 8:24 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    dag,

What is so difficult about simply checking the system specs for each app from Adobe.com? For any of us to answer your question, we'd pretty much be doing the same.

===

Bob,

On pre-intel systems, the installer simply does not install Intel-only apps in the Suites. It's pretty foolproof.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 8:27 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    dag,

Or if you still have questions, simply call Adobe customer service: 1-800-833-6687 in the States.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 8:35 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    dag,
    >took a Master Suite copy of Flash CS4 and tried to load it (remember it says no pre intel macs)

Nonsense! In your own link I see: PowerPC® G5 or multicore Intel® processor
    >I have someone that has the CS4 master Suite that is willing to give it to me for way cheaper than new. So if I could take advantage and save about 800.00 I would like to.

In my opinion, either the person is nuts or it is pirated (illegal) software. Beware!

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 8:36 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    dag,
    >took a Master Suite copy of Flash CS4 and tried to load it (remember it says no pre intel macs)

Nonsense! In your own link I see: PowerPC® G5 or multicore Intel® processor
    >I have someone that has the CS4 master Suite that is willing to give it to me for way cheaper than new. So if I could take advantage and save about 800.00 I would like to.

In my opinion, either the person is nuts or it is pirated (illegal) or stolen software. Beware!
    > I do not need any other apps except to run except Photoshop Flash Dreamweaver and Illustrator.

Also, if that is all you want, WHY are you even bothering with the Master collection? Is there something else going on here?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2008 9:14 PM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    dag,

As explained previously, SOME of the apps in the MC are Intel only. Minimum system requirements consider ALL of the apps included -- pretty much the reason for buying the entire collection -- meaning you need an Intel machine. For those apps included that can run on PowerPCs, they can be installed on your PowerPC G5.

My previous questions and concerns stand. Again and ask yourself why you are even bothering with the Master Collection if you only need four apps out of the entire package? And consider any source that is willing to discount it $800 as highly suspect.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2008 3:30 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    That can be easily faked. Ask them to show you that their product is registered on Adobe.com. Anyway, you (and the seller) will need to fill out a Transfer of License form for the suite to legally belong to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2008 7:48 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    Contact Adobe by phone and ask if the serial number can be registered by you, either directly or by license transfer -- before buying.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2008 9:40 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    about the installer and system requirements for CS4... Still haven't found the requirements. One of my users installed CS4 Master Collection on a Dual G5 and found that the after effects would only install on a intel machine. Next she installed the aftereffects from CS3 and it all went boom! Now should I try the uninstall CS4, Delete everything CS4 / CS3 and run the CS3 clean script; or get my OS X DVD and do a clean install and start over.... The clean install is my choice..

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2008 9:47 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    A clean install can't ever hurt.

as far as CS 3 install all CS3 apps you need before installing CS4

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2008 11:03 AM   in reply to (dagwaremedia)
    Andy,

As Buko says.

BTW, in a software installation as extended and complex as the Master Collection, reading the ReadMe files and system requirements carefully by your user beforehand could have saved some grief and misunderstanding here.

You can try a proper uninstall of all CS3 and CS4 stuff. But it might be easier to start from scratch as we don't know what else might have been messed up by your user. Be sure to run Disk Utility and DiskWarrior maintenance as well before and after the installation. And be sure to back up any files that have been created.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)