Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I install Disc #2 CS4 creative Suite

Jan 31, 2009 8:15 AM

Hi, I just bought the student edition of CS4. For some reason after I'm done installing disc 1, the installer closes and when I insert disc #2 there's no setup or anything, only two folders: extensions and payloads.

Anyone had any similar experience installing this? I don't know what to do next...
Tks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2009 8:27 AM   in reply to (Anabel)
    There were reports of missing disks as well as disks under inserts in
    the case. Look around...if it's not in there call Adobe.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2009 8:09 PM   in reply to (Anabel)
    If you did a custom install the installer may not need that disk.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2009 7:40 AM   in reply to (Anabel)
    Anabel,

You can, of course, get assistance for CS4 license issues from Adobe customer support.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2009 11:28 AM   in reply to (Anabel)

how did you install it?  I can't figure it out either.

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2009 8:21 AM   in reply to (Anabel)

I am having a similar issue, but I noticed that the disks are labeled 'Applications' and 'Content'.  I click on the 'Setup' application on disk 1, the Applications disk, and I can install everything EXCEPT Photoshop!

Anyone else experiencing this?  I checked the disk (1, applications) and there is a folder called 'payloads' which has a couple of .dmg files in it for photoshop.  For some reason, it is not allowing me to select it as an installation in the setup though.  I have submitted a ticket to Adobe to see if they have a solution.  A major pain though, as I bought this specifically to use photoshop for my photography programme at university.  In fact, the Design Standard suite was cheaper than just photoshop!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2009 12:46 PM   in reply to Harris Silver

I spent more than 1 hr on the phone with tech support yesterday and they told me the Application 2 disk is necessary to load all of the program.  They said it should have a set up button as well and the disk I received was corrupt.  After another hour on the phone with customer support and convincing them that I shouldn't have to pay over $130 for a replacement disk they are sending me a new one.  I'll let you know if it works when I receive it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2009 9:42 AM   in reply to (Anabel)

I got mine up and running after having to uninstall everything, run the Clean Install Tool, and then re-install.  The problem seemed to be a previous installation of the Photoshop CS4 Trial.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2009 8:17 PM   in reply to Harris Silver

I also had a previous installation of Photoshop CS4 (trial version, not activated) and I also was never prompted to insert Disk 2. This was the same behavior on 2 computers. The only interesting material on Disk 2 seemed to be the fonts, which I moved over by hand using Font Book App.

Can anyone who has done this tell me if I should do a complete de-install and re-install, am I missing anything important by the installer not asking me for disk 2?

TIA

A

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2009 6:51 PM   in reply to (Anabel)

I got lucky and I think I found the answer.  If you open Windows Explorer and navigate disk #1 to the folder titled Adobe CS4.  Open this folder.  In there you will find the setup.exe file.  Double click on it.  It will bring up the menu that looks fairly similar to the menu you saw when you thought you were loading all of the programs.  However, on this screen you will notice that you can select the programs that you want to install.  Scroll down to the missing programs and check them and click install.  That should do the trick.  Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2009 6:45 AM   in reply to bryaning

bryaning this is the Mac forum. Macs don't have Windows Explorer or use .exe files

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 6:15 AM   in reply to Buko.

Hi, just for anyone else finding this post in the future. I solved the problem. For some reason, when it says please insert disk 2, it doesn't prompt the disk eject as it should. The solution is to do this manually.

Open Terminal and type: df

Then you'll see the 2 adobe processes left open. All we need to do is shut down the second manually.

Type: hdiutil eject /dev/disk2s2

It will confirm the unmount and the disk will pop out. Enter the second CS4 disk as requested and installation will resume.

Hope this helps.

Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)